ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speaker advice :)

2010 Clio Extreme
hey everyone, im a newbie on here :)

I have just had my sub and amp fitted into my car on saturday and it sounds good, i just dont think my standard speakers can keep up with my sub :(
so im looking at replacing my front and rear speakers and the tweets in the front. Im still running factory head unit and dont want to run the speakers off an amp. so can anyone advise on some speakers please?

many thanks, katie

Re: speaker advise :)

The HU will be the major stumbling block.

I'd get that changed before you spend anymore money.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I guess you could just run some front components with cross overs in the doors, but I wouldn't have thought the standard headunit gives you many options/as much power as a half decent aftermarket headunit.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Change the head unit .. cut the low frequencies and let the sub crack on with that freeing up the speakers in the front to do the mid and high stuff. Make sure the sub is running off a pre-out PROPERLY !!

I take it you've done it the pikey way and running the sub off the rear speakers ? :dead:

Changing the speakers and nothing else will achieve almost nothing. The standard HU's put out about 20-30W RMS which is fook all.

2010 Clio Extreme
Thanks for the advise guys :)

Well I went to my local sound system shop and had it fitted, i dont know much about sound systems, lol. all i know is the sub is ran of an amp, and something was fitted to the head unit to convert power or summin like that, lol.

my boyfriend put the gain on the amp to almost nothing so that the bass is as low can be and obviously (i think) i cant adjust it on factory head unit. but the bass is to loud for the speakers. so i want to get some okay speakers to go in the door cards but i dnt want cross overs, iv seen some speakers that dont need them.

so can anyone reccomend any?

thanks, katie

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
They probably spliced in a converter thing that then has an RCA lead going from it to the amp. Bit pikey, but that's what I had in my 182. I think the 182 has a better headunit though - the Cabasse one puts out more power then the lower spec ones. Mine sounded fine on the standard speakers - I had the amp off the channel for the rear speakers, and had the fade set for most power out the front speakers.

I'm not sure just getting normal (non-crossover) type speakers will really give you much benefit - they'll be lower down in the doors so I don't think you'd hear the treble so crisply as when you have tweaters higher up (like standard).

Polo + Micra
new alpine head unit with one of these

it's an amp but is pre wired to run between your car and head unit

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The whole point of the sub is to do the bass ! The other speakers shouldn't be doing any low end work. Change your head unit ;) Standard ones are all crap.