ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax vs. FK

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll have a hunt for some pictures, will be going for some F1's after lowering as well so definitely don't want the stilts effect lol.

edit, if I went for the cooksport springs could I later fit sachs dampers with the springs?

For a road car im a massive fan of Eibachs and Cup shocks.

Here is my mrs car on that setup at the ring:

http://youtu.be/mkx-hYNSDsI

YES!!

When I bought my car it had eibach springs on it with nearly new cup shock absorbers, it sat nicely, was a bit harsh but handled sooo welll
Did a 9:40 ish at the ring on them and to be honest the Bilsteins seemed a step down because they were soo much softer. They roll so much my front splitter kept catching at Brands and I had to raise the car just to compensate for the softness of the springs :(

For the money eibachs + cup shocks work very well!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Think it was about a 9:40 on that video I just posted too funnily enough, on a not totally dry track, on rsr, with bigash (120kg+) as a passenger and I wasnt especially pushing it, should think on 888s and no passenger on a hotter day it would be sub 9 mins with a committed driver.

They felt out of their depth at spa, but for road and ring use they are a really good combination.

Think it was about a 9:40 on that video I just posted too funnily enough, on a not totally dry track, on rsr, with bigash (120kg+) as a passenger and I wasnt especially pushing it, should think on 888s and no passenger on a hotter day it would be sub 9 mins with a committed driver.

They felt out of their depth at spa, but for road and ring use they are a really good combination.

Yeah I was on 16's with conti road tyres, passenger and had to slow down for an accident for a bit. I'm 90% sure I could have done a 9:20 while there with a clear run - and that was with a standard engine and full leather interior lol

If I manage to get back again this year on 888's with the new engine I'll be aiming for a sub 9 :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I manage to get back again this year on 888's with the new engine I'll be aiming for a sub 9 :D

I wont, I just aim to enjoy myself without pushing it too hard, I save that for UK tracks.

(crashed there hard in 2005, took out 32M of barrier, 6K bill, slowed down since!)

CLIO 182 CUP
I have I only just changed over from cup shocks & sportlines. Haven't even had the ride hight set yet. But feels awsome with the spax rsx's. also haven't messed about with settings either. Is there any 1 in the Devon / Somerset that would set them up for me. To maybe make it even better so I can get the most out of the spax.