ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax psx rear dampers trophy

PH1 Track Car
One of my trophy Sachs rears failed so decided to get adjustable konis.
Then found out that there's no stock in the country and there would be a 4 week wait!
have now ordered spax psx adjustable rears.

Anyone got any experience of these?

Cheers
​ash

PH1 Track Car
I ordered from larkspeed that's who told me there's no stock. I think the psx dampers are the same as used in their rsx coilover kit? Not 100% though. Wanted the konis but can't really wait 4 weeks tbh. Did put a wanted thread up for a used trophy rear Sachs but doubt anyone will have one going spare. The spax have a 2 year warranty so surely if there are any problems they will be resolved?

PH1 Track Car
Are the konis really going to be better than the spax then? I do have a wanted thread up but no joy so far

PH1 Track Car
Have emailed larkspeed to change the order back to konis. At work so can't really call them. Hopefully they read the email before the spax get dispatched! Long wait for the konis though!

cheers for the help
ash

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I have had Spax PSX rear dampers fitted to my car for just over a year now. They have done 30,000+ miles of abuse and just started to squeek and the piston has a small amount of surface rust.

Got in touch with Spax and they are getting sent back today, they have been fine with me so far.

The fronts are still performing great.

I ordered from larkspeed that's who told me there's no stock. I think the psx dampers are the same as used in their rsx coilover kit? Not 100% though. Wanted the konis but can't really wait 4 weeks tbh. Did put a wanted thread up for a used trophy rear Sachs but doubt anyone will have one going spare. The spax have a 2 year warranty so surely if there are any problems they will be resolved?

The 'warranty' was also mentioned in the thread, it seems like they'll do anything to get out of it. I've not had any dealings personally with buying spax, only been in cars with them and from my experiences of them I have no intention of dealing with them.