ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparking noise - new Brembo pads - is it the bed in or is my aux belt slipping?

Right so amongst the small niggles on my car one of which is a very slightly seeping water pump, because in a rush I made the mistake of going non gen for the pump, the bolts might just need nipping up but tbh its being swapped for a gen pump with a new belt at some point.

I'll cut to the chase. I fitted new Brembo pads yesterday, whilst fitting them I checked everything over and I noticed the small dried green coolant where it leaks down the side of the engine and onto the sump so I wiped it away, thinking I hope none of thats on the aux belt. Im pretty sure there wasn't I cleaned my hands and felt the belt, It didnt feel like there was any oils on there.

I fitted the pads and went for a drive, not braking at around 45/50 plus I get this nasty sparking sound. Im wondering weather its normal for some pads to spark whilst bedding in? angle grinder on metal springs to mind. Because Im scared to drive normally if it IS the belt.

I guess Ill have to take it easy and let the pads bed in and see if it stops.

I went for a drive tonight, made the noise and as I pressed the brake pedal hard it quietened down, I thought I had it sussed as the old discs rubbing against the pads that arent bedded in yet. But I cant be sure.

Might have to put the old pads back in to rule the belt out I guess.