ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparking 16v = Yoko A359’s needed asap!!

Well today i feel kinda lucky to still be alive!!

Last night driving back from the pool club in my 16v my mate following me in his crx phones my mobile to tell me that sparks are coming off my front wheels!!! ...continously!! :(

SHEEITE!! Pull over to check things out and...

Both me front tyres are proper fooked!! Seems my tracking has got messed up cos the inside track of both front tyres have been worn down to the wires which were sparking on the road!!!

Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh!!!

There goes my spending money for the month!! :cry:

Anybody know where i can get 2x cheap yokohama a359s from id be much appreciative!!

I did this in my first car (XR2) many years ago - I tried a handbrake turn one night and got it way wrong and clattered the kerb!! 500miles later there was sparks and the tyres looked fine from the outside - you live and learn as they say.

Yep! Annoying thing is ive NEVER done a handbrake turn or a burnout of anything like that which could damage my valver!!

Im blaming the monkeys at Harlfords (i know i know!) for not even doing my tracking a little while ago! Monkeys! :mad:

Toyos are just really cheap at the moment, and yes, imo, they are better than the a539s (Ive had both)

I would rate the T1s better.

1: Yokos are a v.soft tyre and wear v.quickly.

2: T1s got an award last year(cant remember what)...

3: They now put the T1s on Tuscan Ss, 390bhp, RWD, LSD, No TC or ABS. mmm...Just means they must be good...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by G13NN X on 02 May 2003

Well today i feel kinda lucky to still be alive!!

Last night driving back from the pool club in my 16v my mate following me in his crx phones my mobile to tell me that sparks are coming off my front wheels!!! ...continously!! :(

SHEEITE!! Pull over to check things out and...

There goes my spending money for the month!! :cry:

Anybody know where i can get 2x cheap yokohama a359s from id be much appreciative!!
You used your mobile while driving.. that is disgracefull.. I am totally disgusted by this irresponsible behaviour.

;)

clio 20v

ive got three yoko a539s in 17s there still on me rims tho been on about 3000 mile ish still loads of tread 2 are off the back so hardly any wear

adi

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by G13NN X on 02 May 2003

Yeah i did!! Even had to put down my burger to answer it!! ;)
maybe thats why you didnt notice the two angle grinders attached to the front axle.. ;)