ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plug no longer screwed in

Ozzed Clio
driving home last night not booting it just driving steadily when all of a sudden the car develops a really serious missfire. i opened the bonnet to check and notice a fried ht lead and the plug is completely unscrewed. havent had time to check threads or anything yet and i know the plug was torqued up correctly when it was fitted. any ideas? could this be a serious internal fault or just a case of re fitting with new parts?

Ozzed Clio
checked properly last nite and its the no 4 spark plug and its been forced out of the head. end of it is all bent so i dunno must be a bent or snapped valve. gutted though thas for sure :(

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
This happened to mine, I bought a kit off eBay and re threaded the head and put a sleve in sort it
the plug will have been damaged with it rattling around inside the plug pot

Clio 197
This happened to mine on Cylinder 3.

The end wasn't bent... so new plug went in, and all was well therafter.

Obviously your situation is different, but check - the thread might still be there, therefore not needing a re-thread.