ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheel..

Could anyone tell me if i need a standard 172 alloy or do some steelys fit? got a puncher few days back only to realise the kn*b who sold me the car didnt replace the spare with one that actually fits grr

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I managed to fit the 182 cup alloys in and they where 205/45/R16, was tight but they fit :)

There are Clio steel rims that will fit over the front (and obviously the rear) callipers, but tbh I can't see the point. I was looking into this recently, with the aim of getting a spacesaver, and came to the conclusion it was easier just to get an alloy the same as those already on my car.

That way there's no need to deviate from the standard offset. Also if I accidentally do any serious damage to one of my four road rims I've already got a replacement.

Plus if you have a standard size spare wheel and tyre, there's less pressure on you to sort the punctured one - you don't need to be concerned about driving on a wheel that's maybe not the ideal fit.

A steel rim would probably be cheaper and easier to source, but other than that I can't see any real benefit.

Although I can't comment on how they fit in the spare wheel well as I don't have one.

There are Clio steel rims that will fit over the front (and obviously the rear) callipers, but tbh I can't see the point. I was looking into this recently, with the aim of getting a spacesaver, and came to the conclusion it was easier just to get an alloy the same as those already on my car.

That way there's no need to deviate from the standard offset. Also if I accidentally do any serious damage to one of my four road rims I've already got a replacement.

Plus if you have a standard size spare wheel and tyre, there's less pressure on you to sort the punctured one - you don't need to be concerned about driving on a wheel that's maybe not the ideal fit.

A steel rim would probably be cheaper and easier to source, but other than that I can't see any real benefit.

Although I can't comment on how they fit in the spare wheel well as I don't have one.

You have a few good points there thanks for your help :]