ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare wheel for a 172cup

Laguna sport tourer
so I was thinking about putting a spare wheel in the cup and have a couple of questions-

1. does it have to be the same size as the ones on the car (195 45r16) i read somewhere both wheels on one axle have to be the same size

2. where is the best place to source a 16" steel from. i.e what car uses one with correct offset?

3. will it fit in the wheel well with the standard tool kit etc?

cheers
james

Laguna sport tourer
managed to source a 16" steel for a spare off a megane II the only problem is its ET49 will this fit no bother or will it scrub iirc the cup turinis are ET38 so the megane one will sit in wheel arch by a further 11mm

Clio 172 cup
I have a 15 inch steel spare wheel which is fine as the depth of the tyre (65mm) matches the circumference of my alloys. Fits over the front brakes too

Laguna sport tourer
thats all well and good but its 3 points plus a fine for having 2 different sized wheels on the same axle iirc

Laguna sport tourer
does anyone know if the et49 wheel off a megane will be ok on a 172 cup ( obviously I will fit a 45 profile tyre)