ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Im loooking for a set of spacers for my 182

Its on total standard suspension, steering and all that

looking a 25mm front and 10mm back which is what ive been told, Would this be 12.5mm each side or 25mm each side so 50mm

Can someone post a good link please

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you get 10mm spacers then it will be ten on each side. If you get some go for hubcentric ones from the likes of eibach, h&r etc.

Looking for 182
If you get 10mm spacers then it will be ten on each side. If you get some go for hubcentric ones from the likes of eibach, h&r etc.

Some places, such as Venom Motorsport, list 10mm spacers as a total track widening of 10mm, ie. 5mm on each side. So be sure to check how it is listed/described from where you're buying.

I've just bought some FK Spacers from them; I went for 30mm (15mm each side) at the front and 16mm (8mm each side) at the rear, having measured the gap before hand. I am on coilovers though so this will be different.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3247&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

Looking for 182
Would you go for A centric or B centric?

Thanks

I went for A centric, purely because I couldn't be bothered working out how much shorter my wheel bolts needed to be if I got B centric. It was easier to just take the current bolt length and add on the size of the spacer and then purchase new wheel bolts at that size. I don't track the car so A centric should be fine. In hindsight it probably would have been easy to work out, but I was bored of looking at spacers so just ordered and got it over with. Not fitted them yet as they only arrived the other day.

The rear are not hub centric though as they are only 8mm.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Thanks Mate, You seem to be helping me with all my threads haha, Well ive been told to go with ones that bolt to the hub then wheels bolt to the spacer as otherwise the bolts suffer if holding all of it, I dont do any track days or things like that but do go on cruises so i am stuck what to do :/

£150 for front and back B centric 50mm and 20mm seems alot of money haha

Looking for 182
Thanks Mate, You seem to be helping me with all my threads haha, Well ive been told to go with ones that bolt to the hub then wheels bolt to the spacer as otherwise the bolts suffer if holding all of it, I dont do any track days or things like that but do go on cruises so i am stuck what to do :/

£150 for front and back B centric 50mm and 20mm seems alot of money haha

Fair enough, my thinking for going for A centric was that they're cheaper, and also I don't think a companies like FK, H&R, Eibach, etc. would sell spacers which were dangerous. They have to meet certain standards, so I'm happy in the knowledge that they're safe.

Before you order anything make sure you actually measure the gap between the inside of the wheel arch and the widest part of the top of your wheel. I did this by getting a bit of string, tie a spanner around the end to act as a weight, then hold the other end of the string on the inside of the wheel arch. You can then use a ruler to measure the distance between the wheel and the string. I've read that you should allow about 3-5mm saftey gap.

For example, the gap on my front wheels was 19mm each side (38mm total), so I order 15mm spacers (30mm total), which leaves 4mm leeway.

I hope this helps. I'm by no means an expert, just sharing the limited knowledge I have from looking into spacers myself recently.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
I presume i need to measure while wheels are straight and on full lock at front?

i got my sizes off a thread for standard running 182's

il measure up today though

about the spacers quality that is a good point, they wouldnt sell them if it was suitable :/

might go b centric on front and a centric on rear :)

Thanks for your help mate