ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers again...

fk 30mm type B for the front and fk 10mm type A for the back? will this be ok? wont get any wheel wobble with the non hubcentric 5mmers will i? and standard bolts will be fine? thanks :)

Black Clio GT
system bs will be fine for the front, give perfect balance and no wobble.
5mm non hub centrics will be fine for the back as there will be enough lip left to support the wheel and you will be fin using standard bolts for all the wheels.

noticed you thread about camber shims...
get your tracking etc set up to factory spec without the spacers, then add the spacers then think about how much camber you want to add/take away!!!!!

nice one :) Ive had it set back up to factory settings but havnt yet had the rear camber checked, although i have raised the front slighty since then so obviously needs re-checking, is it not wise to add the spacers before gettin all re-setup then?

yea i geuss its not really completely back to factory settings if i havnt had the rear camber checked lol

Last edited:
  Black Clio GT
no becasuse when they do the lazer alignment the front will be wider than the back my 20mm over factoy set up and just confuse matters when adjusting track rod ends etc

no becasuse when they do the lazer alignment the front will be wider than the back my 10mm over factoy set up and just confuse matters when adjusting track rod ends etc

ahh ok but the front being 10mm wider than the back be fine after gettin set back to factory settings?

so ill need to get the rear camber setup 1st before bolting on spacers...? or will adding spacers change the camber? mate im well confused

Black Clio GT
yeah i edited my post should be 20mm wider front track.
dont see why it wouldnt be fine, back end might be a little twichy on the limit but what rs isnt......

Black Clio GT
no spacers dont alter the camber they alter the et of the wheel or widen the track of the axel (ie brings the wheels outwards towards the arch lip)
camber is altered when the car is lowered (causes neg camber usually) which is a nightmere for tyre wear but looks cool and servs a purpouse on track/someone looking for ultimate cornering performance!!

yeah i edited my post should be 20mm wider front track.
dont see why it wouldnt be fine, back end might be a little twichy on the limit but what rs isnt......

yee maybe ill try 10mm, do you know where i can find 10mm hubcentrics? ones that bolt to the hub preferably..

no spacers dont alter the camber they alter the et of the wheel or widen the track of the axel (ie brings the wheels outwards towards the arch lip)
camber is altered when the car is lowered (causes neg camber usually) which is a nightmere for tyre wear but looks cool and servs a purpouse on track/someone looking for ultimate cornering performance!!

yea wasnt sure if putting spacers on would put the camber or tracking out in anyway.. thanks for your help i now know where i am and what i gotta do haha