ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacer...yes o nay?

Clio II phase B Dynamique
pics in this thread -> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=431732

every days i see my clio whit pro race (7*15 ET35), i think was glam but need spacer!

what do you think?

i've my old 16mm spacers but if i put them, the rims touch the arch...

now i've only 15mm by the rims to the arch...1 inch...

everyone have do this matching before me? any pics?

i remeber to all that i have only -35mm Eibach springs whit quite hard absorber...but the rims thrusts under the wheel arch!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Why would you put 15mm spacers on if the wheels touch the arch with 16mm spacers fitted?
I'd try 10mm mate

200 FF Storm Grey
10mm spacers are needed on a clio imo, lowered mine last week on sportlines and the stance just doesn't look right from a front angle

"Navy" N17 TWO
I put 20mm's on mine a while back (also lowered on Sportlines) and couldn't get rid of an awful rumbling noise :rolleyes:

Why would you put 15mm spacers on if the wheels touch the arch with 16mm spacers fitted?
I'd try 10mm mate

but doesn't exist 10mm spacer for renault...whit center bore of course...

others whitout center bore make some vibration and noise

:(

"Navy" N17 TWO
but doesn't exist 10mm spacer for renault...whit center bore of course...

others whitout center bore make some vibration and noise

I had the type where you bolt the spacer to the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer (hubcentric)

Don't think it was a 100% perfect fit at the time but it made an awful noise. Only lasted 3 miles lol then I sold them on as I changed my mind

I had the type where you bolt the spacer to the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer (hubcentric)

Don't think it was a 100% perfect fit at the time but it made an awful noise. Only lasted 3 miles lol then I sold them on as I changed my mind

yep, hubcentric...like mines...

mines are ok...no noise or vibration...

my problem was the distance...et35 + 16mm spacers are too much and the wheel touch the arch?

More poke than viagr
I'm running with 20mm spacers at the moment and only lowered on sportlines. The rubbing isnt too bad to be fair and the stance looks ace (as i cant afford to go lower lol!)

A quick fix for the rubbing is to grind away the inner lip of the wheel arch. Grind it away, paint it with hammerite (black will do as it is the inside of the wheel where you cant see) and then tiger seal it. Took me about half an hour and its well worth it as it gives about 4-5mm more room :cool:

Sorry for rambling on :eek:

I'm running with 20mm spacers at the moment and only lowered on sportlines. The rubbing isnt too bad to be fair and the stance looks ace (as i cant afford to go lower lol!)

A quick fix for the rubbing is to grind away the inner lip of the wheel arch. Grind it away, paint it with hammerite (black will do as it is the inside of the wheel where you cant see) and then tiger seal it. Took me about half an hour and its well worth it as it gives about 4-5mm more room :cool:

Sorry for rambling on :eek:

i know this mate...but i dont do it because i think was a irreversible mod to the car...

RS RIP
You have wheels with offset (ET) 35 . This is the best ET , do NOT go out further mate !

My Cup has ET 38 (so 3mm further in than yours) , and when i corner hard i get scrubbing off the front wheelarch.

I also think the car looks quite good with the offset 35. why go further !?

You have wheels with offset (ET) 35 . This is the best ET , do NOT go out further mate !

My Cup has ET 38 (so 3mm further in than yours) , and when i corner hard i get scrubbing off the front wheelarch.

I also think the car looks quite good with the offset 35. why go further !?

mumble mumble...

i don't want the wheels out of the car but just a little bit off...in line whit wheelarch!

now seems too into the arch...

i want mine clio like a racing car (1.4 16v original engine...LOL! :D ) and not expo car but, i repeat, make the wheels just a little bit off and that's perfect!

iceberg 172 03
orite mate, my father and grandfather are from sardegna, for terralba, outside oristano, nice to see another sardinian here on cliosport. ;) get ur self a 172 mate

orite mate, my father and grandfather are from sardegna, for terralba, outside oristano, nice to see another sardinian here on cliosport. ;) get ur self a 172 mate

hey peppe, nice to meet you! :)

...my gf was from oristano...i know very well that area!!! the road to Cuglieri was my private roller coaster! ROFLT! you know that road?

so i'ts true that the world is too small mate! do you speak italian? ;)

there are many sardinians who went away to find a job... that's sad!

172? mmm...when i've ordered mine Dynamique, i tried to find some coins in my pocket to take the 182...but not arrived at 10 000 euros! LOL !!!

so..my next car will be RW and, I hope, at least 300 hp!

:D

cheers, Simone

no more reply? the 16mm spacer are over...the tyre touch the wheelarch...

eibach made a 10mm spacer? or exist another brand that make this spacers?

put spacers only on the front, so the rear turns better on the entrance of the corner;)

mmm...no mate...now my clio goes fast on the large corner and if i make the corner too fast, when i release the throttle, the rear close the corner perfectly... ;)

then i want to fit same spacer on front and right...but mine 16 mm don't fit because the tyre kiss the wheelarch!

@ franx: my clio was dropped only 35mm and i've a 185/55-15 tyre !!! the visual effect was a little crappy! :(

They may be discontinued. :dapprove:

yep...the 13mm are out of stock...now they have this one....

FK13305
FK Wheel spacer - 10 mm System A - fit for
Renault Twingo, Modus / Clio, Megane, Scenic, etc.
breadth/axle 10mm
System A without centric
PCD 4/100
thread 60,1 mm

now...they're not hubcentric...they may make vibration or noise? when i'll try to change a tyre, can i've much problem to fit them on the spacer because they haven't hub?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't think I'll be tracking mine mate, where did you get your studs & what spacers are you running? :)

not ideal buts is ok if your not going rallying

i run stud conversion and hubcentric spacers ;)

i don't go rallying but hillclimbing! :D

i havent stud but i know that's better...but if i fit studs, i can't fit antitheft system!

my car was ever on the road!

Ehr.. well I have them on my car.. :rasp:

hey plummer ...i've found the 13mm spacers but,without centric!

Renault Twingo, Modus / Clio, Megane, Scenic, etc. breadth/axle 26mm System A without centric PCD 4/100 -thread 60,1 mm

there are a model whit centric, 13mm ?