ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacer help.. :S

Ive been through loads of threads but havnt really found an answer to my question.. going to slam my 172 mk2 low as i can go on a set of Vmaxx's keeping the standard 7J alloys with 195/45R16 tyres.. but want to order some spacers at the same time as ive heard the wheels rub on inside.. been looking at the FK hubcentric's 15mm all round?(15mm each wheel) will this be about right? or should i go bigger/smaller on front/back to stop rubbing on arches? want to go as wide as possable.. :) also do i only need to get camber bolts for the front? havnt seen any for the rear? geussing its done differently?
any help would be great thanks :D

If you're completely slamming it you'll ruin the handling anyway so I wouldn't worry about spacers. They don't rub on the inside anyway, it's usually the outer edges of the arch, so spacers will just make it worse.

My Vmaxx's came with camber bolts for the front, but I got them second hand so Don't know if they come as standard.

Setup for the rears is completely different so you can't get camber bolts for rears. Well Im pretty sure you can't.

Can't really help you with the spacers but im looking into this too.

Mine is a non sport, and Im running 185 55 15" Tyres on the standard alloys, and I've got 5mm spacers each side on the front, and the tyre is very, very close to the front coilover shock even with camber adjusted and must touch when I go over bumps, so I'm looking to go a bit bigger, maybe 10mm a side so 20mm all round.

Hope this helps a little!

If you're completely slamming it you'll ruin the handling anyway so I wouldn't worry about spacers. They don't rub on the inside anyway, it's usually the outer edges of the arch, so spacers will just make it worse.

lol ok, forget that. i need to bring the wheels out abit at least.. there lost in the arches.. whats best to do???

It all depends on your taste tbh matey. There are people running 25mm per side spacers on the front of their 172s, although you'll then have to either not lower it/have very very stiff coilovers/a lot of neg camber to stop it rubbing on the outer edge of the arch.

It all depends on your taste tbh matey. There are people running 25mm per side spacers on the front of their 172s, although you'll then have to either not lower it/have very very stiff coilovers/a lot of neg camber to stop it rubbing on the outer edge of the arch.

I definitly want to go lower and bring the wheels out as far as possable but obviously not ruin the handling! Jus need to know whats going to work? :)

Black Clio GT
get the suspension to the height you want it, then get camber/tracking done then measure the gap you have left as you may have more/less than you thought so you wont be wasting any money on wrong sized spacers......

but to answer your question you wont be far off with between 10 and 15mm spacers all round.....

get the suspension to the height you want it, then get camber/tracking done then measure the gap you have left as you may have more/less than you thought so you wont be wasting any money on wrong sized spacers......

but to answer your question you wont be far off with between 10 and 15mm spacers all round.....[/QUOTE

Will the wheels not rub without spacers? After ive had it lowerd..? Thats my only worry, if not then all good I will order spacers after :)

Black Clio GT
not if you get the camber/tracking corrected at the same time as fitting.
the lower you go the more neg camber you will get so correcting it to oe settings at desired height should give enough clearence on standard wheels/195 tyres.....