ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West Rolling Road day results

172 Race Car
pmsl @ 14seconds to change gear. Jon you are legend boy!!!

I see some of you went to the surrey rolling road back in march/april, how did the results compare?
I gained 32bhp! (was 143bhhp before)
Changed the cambelt (and timed it up properly), replaced a broken knock sensor, fitted a custom induction kit and a cat back exhaust.

Justin's was a big improvement but his has had some tweeks (tihink it was standard last time) and its bin 'freed up' alot, previous owner didnt know it rev'ed over 3500rpm

Schweppy slight gain but has now had remap and de-cat

would be intesting for you lot to go Surrey roading road in a few weeks and get it done again.

Would be up for it, but i have euro fest @ castle combe on the sat as well as a wedding the same day. And trax @ silverstone on the sunday

Clio 172
Was at rolling road my self today with some old mates from my old club i got 172.9 from just powerflow zorst and viper

Just would like to say please if anyone is wanting good power from induction kit DO NOT I SAY DO NOT !!!!!!! buy a viper or bmc kit

There is a guy that makes custom induction kits for around same price as new vipers bmc's

There is proven R/R on a lupo today that he ran with a Bmc kit then the custom and he got 6 bhp more on the custom kit fact

Clio
I cooked myself some sour grapes tonight.

Was not the best day I've ever had:( Still blaming it on the lack of air flow though;)

Was a fun day.

I wanted to get my foot pump out the car tbh.

You looked THAT deflated.

Well, it wasn't the best day all round considering I had to do 40 miles up the M5 with one hand out the window holding my windscreen in and that was before 9am.

Add to that a its not food its f**king M&S expensive s**t food for dinner and 30 minute stand still traffic on the way home.

FLOL, I'm moving home and buying htat Daxs beast thing.:D

106 GTi
Have been awaiting to see some results from this, as my old bog standard 182 with no miles on it made 186 brake on P/stations rollers.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Was a good day out. I was pleased with the results

Scott's intercooler seems to be doing the job on his Megane, 15bhp on mine.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I've always had good results from Powerstation, lowest I've had is 179, highest about 183 I think with some minor mods. I know they've had the RR recalibrated inthe last month or so as it was over reading slightly.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I was well chuffed with my result! :cool:

My cup made 197.8 bhp @ 6855rpm and 160.8 ft/lb @ 5595 rpm.

Mods are:

Prospeed Exhaust
Prospeed Decat
Phase 1 airbox
ITG panel filter
2 70mm cold air feeds
Samco induction bend
Ported and gas flowed throttle body
AWT Matched inlets and plenum
RS TUNING REMAP

Heres the rr printout if anyone wants to compare.

SP_A0146.jpg

user_online.gif

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
good day out cheers for sorting it out peeps. i seemd to have lost some power in a week tho, rr last sat at 182bhp and this week at 176bhp???? ive had the cambelt done in between the 2 runs, awsome day tho, good to meet a few people tho im crap with names so if you said hi ill remember ure face but thats about it lol

Qashcow
I have been sulking since the rr which is why i havnet posted about it lol. ive just looked at my read out and although ive got w**k power (compared to frankly what it should be) would a 3'c air intake temperature decrease the bhp by much?

Quade, can i ask what make/ who did the ported TB? did you have it done with nothing else changed to see what/if it made any difference?

time for me to start spending some proper monies. V6 airbox and itg for starters, AWT inlets should be here sometime this side of the london olympics. then new exhaust time as the mk1 ktec stealth has 2 holes in it (not the 2 at each end lol). i dont want to copy you with everything jay but i think prospeed is the way forwards

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Scottlm's R26 - with 264bhp and 269lbs/ft must go well! Ditto Quades, erm, well Clio 172/197 cup hah!

Shame about the Vee's results - kinda explains why my 197 is every bit as quick (I actually think it's quicker...) in a straight line as my Vee was really... I'd never have rollered my Vee cos I feared it'd never make 230bhp and my timid nature couldn't have handled the piss taking from my mates hehe!

Chin up Mace - remember the Vee isn't really about the performance :) How come it didn't peak till 6,300rpm I wonder when it's meant to be 6krpm... Mind you I suppose I could ask the same about the power - is it running ok? Doesn't have any rough spots or lights on the dash ever?

172 Race Car
I left mine there too, we were all using mine instead of digging through everyones boot.

i'll pop in this week

Qashcow
is there much increase with a v6 airbox over the standard phase 1 box.....

group buy bomber on engine mods......lol
yup as jay said a little bit ago, dont have std airbox at the moment anyway. it seems ive just come to a cross roads lol, am going to go back to basics a little, do some saving and at begining of next year see whats happening with the car finances. mmmmmmmm throttle bodies and AST's FTW:S

hell, id love to buy my other mates CTR, sounds fapping awsome:evil:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
DanR
Car; Clio182cup
Mods; throttle bodies, de-cat
Bhp 205.8 @ 7125rpm
Tourqe 160.7 @ 5920rpm

Quade
Car; Clio 172cup
Mods; phase1 airbox, itg panel, samco induction bend, prospeed exhaust & de-cat, ported throttle body, angelworks matched inlets, rstunning group n based remap.
Bhp 197.8@ 7125rpm
Tourqe 160.7@ 5920rpm

If that's right thats bloody impressive if i do say so myself!

I know my maps are good but didnt think that power would happen! :eek:

FF Blackgold 182
is there much increase with a v6 airbox over the standard phase 1 box.....

group buy bomber on engine mods......lol
yup as jay said a little bit ago, dont have std airbox at the moment anyway. it seems ive just come to a cross roads lol, am going to go back to basics a little, do some saving and at begining of next year see whats happening with the car finances. mmmmmmmm throttle bodies and AST's FTW:S

hell, id love to buy my other mates CTR, sounds fapping awsome:evil:

Yeah it did, even from outside when I was warming the car up! :cool: Would have loved to have been in there! Chris who has the 350z, had one of those AEM V2's on his CTR when he had it. They sound so nice!! :evil: