ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales CSS convoy?

Suzuki Jimny
I'm going on the saturday morning. Meeting up with the west midlands lot on the M6 services.

Suzuki Jimny
That should be ok :)

Where by will you be coming from?

I'll have a think about where you can meet me

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I hope so too, Matt. Fingers crossed! :)

I wasn't planning on going if the car wasn't ready. I don't have use of our other car that weekend as my girlfriend needs it to get to/from work.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Copied from West Mids convoy

"Time will be 08:45 prompt. I would suggest meeting around 08:30 but we will be leaving at 08:45...so if you are running late, you will have to catch us up on M6 South. Its approximately 1hr 30 mins to Duxford from the Services...so should be there about 15 mins before the start if we dont stop...but we can always stop for loo break or whatever if we have some flexibility in the time we need to get there on time"

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Copied from West Mids convoy

"Time will be 08:45 prompt. I would suggest meeting around 08:30 but we will be leaving at 08:45...so if you are running late, you will have to catch us up on M6 South. Its approximately 1hr 30 mins to Duxford from the Services...so should be there about 15 mins before the start if we dont stop...but we can always stop for loo break or whatever if we have some flexibility in the time we need to get there on time"

Cheers...:approve:

If you are joining us...I would ask for one person's mobile so can make sure all is okay or if you're running late, etc. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
COnvoy is going to be my favourite bit! Cant wait.

Just found out my wheels cant be refurbed in time so going to have to take the paint flaked turinis. Gutted!!

I found my first chip in powdercoat on my Turinis...tiny, but I know its there. :(

Depends on who you use and their turnaround as to whether they would be done by 2 weeks tomorrow. City Powdercoating in Birmingham have a 3 day turnaround and are currently £20 a wheel...but its a bit of a trek to drop off and pick up

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I found my first chip in powdercoat on my Turinis...tiny, but I know its there. :(

Depends on who you use and their turnaround as to whether they would be done by 2 weeks tomorrow. City Powdercoating in Birmingham have a 3 day turnaround and are currently £20 a wheel...but its a bit of a trek to drop off and pick up

Nah its not too much of a trek for me as I spend weekends in SOlihull.

More of complications my end as MOT is due on the 20th so I'm juggling when im in the country, when I need tyres on etc haha. NIghtmare.

I'll just have to put up with it

Suzuki Jimny
Meeting at the Strensham services (Northbound obviously) at 7:25am for anyone convoying to the w.midlands meeting point with me.

Don, I will PM you my mobile number.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Meeting at the Strensham services (Northbound obviously) at 7:25am for anyone convoying to the w.midlands meeting point with me.

Don, I will PM you my mobile number.

Got it mate and you've got mine.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly I won't be making this now. Spoke to BTM earlier tonight and my car, whilst almost back together, won't be mapped in time for CSS. I'll have to wait until next year.

Ah this would have been a good laugh! I'm spending the weekend at my mates house in Reading just to break the weekend up a bit and shorten the drive.
Looking forward to meeting lots of you guys though. :)