ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South East Karting Meet.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Thinking about doing a karting meet sometime soon.
Who would be interested ?
Price for them depend on how many people would be interested and if we could get a group discount.

There is a few tracks in the South East that do Karting.
Lakeside - With a huge outdoor track
Rye House - Outdoor Track

looking at doing it in early October.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Would love to get a team endurance race on the go.
would prob invite some of the other regions if they fancy it.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Would it not better doing it at an indoor track in October? I'm just thinking there's a good chance it will be pissin down.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
There's also one in Crawley (indoor).

if not, buckmore is probably the best one round this way for a proper track.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I'm starting a list so I can keep tabs on how many people would be interested.

1. Pacman

Listerine & Poledo
I was chattering at @Sunglasses_Ron and, to a lesser extent @Nik about this idea.
Except not a south one, more a CSKarting event.
Somewhere more midlandish (without passing the Brummingham parallel, duh), but a 3/4 hour enduro with teams.
Anyway, yes

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
There is a couple of contenders at the mo.
Needs to be fairly central and fairly cheap.
Will send some emails out tonight see what deals we could get.
So far looking at
Rayleigh
Lakeside
Rye House
Buckmore

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I was chattering at @Sunglasses_Ron and, to a lesser extent @Nik about this idea.
Except not a south one, more a CSKarting event.
Somewhere more midlandish (without passing the Brummingham parallel, duh), but a 3/4 hour enduro with teams.
Anyway, yes

Yeah I was thinking about that too.
Have been looking into it the last few days.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There is a couple of contenders at the mo.
Needs to be fairly central and fairly cheap.
Will send some emails out tonight see what deals we could get.
So far looking at
Rayleigh
Lakeside
Rye House
Buckmore

Sounds like a championship/season league needs to be set up :wink:

Listerine & Poledo
Given that it's tough to get a CS meet with more than 4 people actually turning up, maybe 1 step at a time first

mk1 Octavia VRS
1. Pacman
2. RyG
3. Ben.S
4. Chris91
5. Advikas (possibly)
6. Jeff simply (location dependant)
7. 172_Tom

I'm interested so long as it's an outdoor track and not on the first weekend of October. Got to try and defend my fastest lap at CSS :wink:

Is Daytona Milton Keynes also an option? I've done Wildtracks a few times - Red Lodge is definitely better though Wildtracks is quite cheap.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If it's outdoor you can count me out.

It'll be October. Good chance it will be cold and it could be pissin down. If someone wants to organise a outdoor karting meet in say June or July I'll be all over it.

As for a national karting event, I'm all for it but seeing as a lot of people couldn't be bothered to travel further than the end if their street for CSS it's doubtful they'll travel half way across the country for karting.

Clio 182
2. RyG
3. Ben.S
4. Chris91
5. Advikas (possibly)
7. 172_Tom
8. Danmw (again location dependent)

Listerine & Poledo
If it's outdoor you can count me out.

It'll be October. Good chance it will be cold and it could be pissin down. If someone wants to organise a outdoor karting meet in say June or July I'll be all over it.

As for a national karting event, I'm all for it but seeing as a lot of people couldn't be bothered to travel further than the end if their street for CSS it's doubtful they'll travel half way across the country for karting.
WE dont need 400 people to be part of it, those who ARE bothered will bother. The usual suspects wont.
As i was saying to Pac, if people want in, it's cash up front, no f**king about.

Re: Time of year.
A grand CS collective charity event would need planning, so summer 2106 is more likely. a Local meet of local people though, no hassles, maybe that place at Rayleigh? Dunno.

Listerine & Poledo
2. RyG
3. Ben.S
4. Chris91
5. Advikas (possibly)
7. 172_Tom
8. Danmw (again location dependent)

5,6 and 8 are the EXACT reason big CS events fall on their ass.

Yes, or no. Inbetweens are worthless to all concerned and just lead to disappointment at the turnout.

YOu dont get this grief with MX5Pensionerclub.com, but then they only have gardening and Jam-making to do for most of the rest of their lives

Listerine & Poledo
Is Buckmore park too far for you guys?
I'd love to. A proper track would be lovely.
There's some fancy, corporate track somewhere in the south with a figure-of-8 layout, landscaped and everything. Looks just how I'd want to design a venue. I want to go there.
But first, finding it

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Will get some emails sent out tonight and get prices. I think at the mo the going rate is about £50.

Clio 182
5,6 and 8 are the EXACT reason big CS events fall on their ass.

Yes, or no. Inbetweens are worthless to all concerned and just lead to disappointment at the turnout.

YOu dont get this grief with MX5Pensionerclub.com, but then they only have gardening and Jam-making to do for most of the rest of their lives

Well once i know where it is ill let everyone know, like most others that say maybe.
Threads only hours old and he wanted to know numbers.

The 4 options range from 40-100 mile round trip for me. Calm the f**k down pal.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'd be up for this, quite happy to travel too although probably only for an outdoor track. Such a difference between a proper outdoor track and a small indoor.