ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Central Surrey Rolling Road Meet

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I would usually post this thread in Clio Media but yesterday we only had 5 Clio's out of 21 car's that ran!

There was a great selection of cars, and we got to see some poor blokes TVR Chimera blow it's turbo 😂

I think overall majority were happy with their results.

IMG_9739_zpsiffgmvfj.jpg

@Jimmyrallye Classic Impreza - 252.8bhp 250lbft
IMG_9704_zpsbom1fwlb.jpg

Impreza - 262.7bhp 270lbft
IMG_9705_zpspabedntb.jpg

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I was busy sorting deposits and running orders so only recorded runs from this point on...

E92 M3 - 406.8bhp 302lbft
IMG_9711_zps4sc2ougn.jpg

@Budgie E46 M3 - 316.8bhp 278lbft (glad you won't be breaking it now 😂)
IMG_9713_zps3bt26ocl.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers Tim, mine did ok but once the house move is done it'll be going to MSL for a larger intercooler and a new remap, i'm sure there is a lot more in it.

Nice write up Tim, didn't realise you were taking videos, photos, and notes of each one. Good effort!!

I got a few videos on the Go Pro but I've not been through them yet, I'm crap at editing so always put it off.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Some lovely cars there!

I'm definitely making the effort to attend the next one of these you arrange Tim!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Was a great turnout, very pleased with my 232.9bhp/230lbft, not bad seeing as its supposed to be 211 as standard. Shame i didn't get a "before" modifications, but that result with such basic mods is very pleasing. Especially when you consider the amount of work the R53 took to get to 220 or so lol. Deffo not bothering with a re-map!!

@MarkCup - yours seems to have done even less with the latest Mountune software update & barely anymore than when it just had the 215 setup?

Last edited:
Was a great turnout, very pleased with my 232.9bhp/230lbft, not bad seeing as its supposed to be 211 as standard. Shame i didn't get a "before" modifications, but that result with such basic mods, i.e. de-cat/induction/intercooler is very pleasing. Especially when you consider the amount of work the R53 took to get to 220 or so lol. Deffo not bothering with a re-map!!

@MarkCup - yours seems to have done even less with the latest Mountune software update & barely anymore than when it just had the 215 setup?

Yours got a lovely figure! Bet it goes like a stabbed rat.

I was a little disappointed with the figure on mine. Was expecting at least 330. Especially as people always say Porsche are conservative with their numbers too.

My cousin was disappointed with his M3 too, was expecting 425-430. I think it was pretty hot in there though with no air flow.

@Budgie what were you expecting from your M3?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yours got a lovely figure! Bet it goes like a stabbed rat.
Yeah it goes pretty well tbh, being honest, in daily driving, i.e. not like a mentalist, it feels quicker than the M3 :tongueclosed:
I was a little disappointed with the figure on mine. Was expecting at least 330. Especially as people always say Porsche are conservative with their numbers too.
My cousin was disappointed with his M3 too, was expecting 425-430. I think it was pretty hot in there though with no air flow.
Yes, i thought yours might have done a little more actually, wasn't affected by not having the PSE on at all? If the changes over the "S" are breathing related, having the valves closed might have strangled it a bit? Is your cousins modified then, they are 415 standard, so id be happy enough with 405 - its could even be the Scorpion backbox losing him some power 😞

330i. E30 Touring.

SRR is known for being honest with their figures - because they have nothing to gain by manipulating them.

Charlie said that a rough E46 makes 280bhp on his rollers, and a healthy/good one makes 320bhp, so i'm happy! Figure is irrelevant to me - it goes sideways when i want it to, so it's quick enough. lol

Yeah it goes pretty well tbh, being honest, in daily driving, i.e. not like a mentalist, it feels quicker than the M3 :tongueclosed:

Yes, i thought yours might have done a little more actually, wasn't affected by not having the PSE on at all? If the changes over the "S" are breathing related, having the valves closed might have strangled it a bit? Is your cousins modified then, they are 415 standard, so id be happy enough with 405 - its could even be the Scorpion backbox losing him some power 😞

I'm not sure about PSE. It does bypass the rear muffler when the valves are open but I can't see it affecting the numbers too much. Oh wells lol.

Cousins M3, I believe the centre section is gone, and it's a single back box only now. Would have expected it to free up some ponies....Does sound bloody lovely!

SRR is known for being honest with their figures - because they have nothing to gain by manipulating them.

Charlie said that a rough E46 makes 280bhp on his rollers, and a healthy/good one makes 320bhp, so i'm happy! Figure is irrelevant to me - it goes sideways when i want it to, so it's quick enough. lol

Ah OK cool. The M3 looked smart, didn't realise it was yours. Still can't put a face to a name/car though lol!

Yeah the numbers don't mean too much to me either. That's why I haven't even bothered to bring my Clio here 😂, it drives well and that's all that matters to me.

Nice selection of cars, is that Polo a standard car?

Yep I think so. He said it's rapid.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looked like a cracking day and some great car's, gutted I didn't come now.

Well done Tim. [emoji106]

Great day catching up with some old and new faces. It's been a while since I was at a 'clio' event.

Nice selection of cars, is that Polo a standard car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep totally standard, I was pretty shocked if I'm honest but it feels properly quick to drive

Yep I think so. He said it's rapid.

Was good to meet you Martin, yep it's rapid, needs some better tyres and maybe a bit lower and it'll be a sorted little motor

Great cars and figures. That's some torque from a standard polo gti.
It certainly is, meant to be about 30lbft less than that I think as standard

Subaru impreza
As said was a really good day my Impreza was dynod in June and was 247bhp . I've sinse fitted a lighter flywheel and new clutch so to get 5bhp extra from that was very happy :) would love to come to next one as well as its a good day out and something to look foward to and for the sake of £35 I'd spend that on a Chinese

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Tim, mine did ok but once the house move is done it'll be going to MSL for a larger intercooler and a new remap, i'm sure there is a lot more in it.

Good to meet you. Sometimes bigger isn't better with intercoolers so worth doing research.

Nice write up Tim, didn't realise you were taking videos, photos, and notes of each one. Good effort!!

I got a few videos on the Go Pro but I've not been through them yet, I'm crap at editing so always put it off.

Thanks Martin, nice to meet you and Cayman looks great!

I do make an effort sometimes lol

Some lovely cars there!

I'm definitely making the effort to attend the next one of these you arrange Tim!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Shame work clashed mate!

Was a great turnout, very pleased with my 232.9bhp/230lbft, not bad seeing as its supposed to be 211 as standard. Shame i didn't get a "before" modifications, but that result with such basic mods is very pleasing. Especially when you consider the amount of work the R53 took to get to 220 or so lol. Deffo not bothering with a re-map!!

Good to catch up, buying this just to go to Ring made me chuckle 😂

SRR can be an ego killer. It was weird as most made about what you would expect then there were a few very low or high results. How it drives is the main thing if you're happy with it?

Great day catching up with some old and new faces. It's been a while since I was at a 'clio' event.

Good to meet you!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
As said was a really good day my Impreza was dynod in June and was 247bhp . I've sinse fitted a lighter flywheel and new clutch so to get 5bhp extra from that was very happy :smile: would love to come to next one as well as its a good day out and something to look foward to and for the sake of £35 I'd spend that on a Chinese

Nice to meet you, Impreza looked really tidy.

Awesome write up Tim, found that interesting - some nice results from the Clios too!

That polo has got a nice bit of torque @ 270! More than both the Meg's

I'd of thought the ZLET Corsa would of made a bit more than 211bhp, guessing it's pretty much standard? (Assuming it's a Z20let)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers Tim, the intercooler is off the E320 and is a proven way to eek out another 10bhp, I'm in talks with Celtic about the remap at the moment but I think its not going to turn into anything, it'll more than likely be going to MSL for their map and the 320 intercooler, should be up around 290bhp.