ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SOUND SYSTEMS.........

Black Clio 182

i was just wondering what you have all got in your cars.

i have got:
sony explod head unit
2x sony explod 12" subs (1200W)
sony explod amp (1000W)
infinaty 6x9s (in parcel self)
6x9s 330W (under front seats for time being)

I Used to have in my clio

Pioneer P99R CD Headunit

Pioneer 6 disc changer

Phase Linear Modular System Amps (8x150 RMS - Running Comps active and sub)

Morel 2 way 6.5 inch Components (200 RMS)

Crystal CMP12 Sub (600 RMS)

Auto Acoustics Stealth Box (For Sale!)

I have currently a

Kenwood mp3, 4x50w HU

Kenwood 80w max 4" door speakers

Will have eventually:

Alpine 6.5" components in the doors - 300w max

Alpine 2-channel amp to run components

Alpine Class-D mono amp to run 600w sub

Alpine 12" 600w sub

My current setup is:

Source

Panasonic CQ-FX800N Headunit

Panasonic DP-9061 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox Build

Audiocontrol Epic 150 Bass Processor

Front

3 Pioneer 2 Way 6x9s in each door

5.25" Magnat Stratos 2-Way Components

Alpine Tweeters in Mirror Control Housings

Alpine Tweeters in Roof

Rear End Build and Subs

Pioneer 2-Way 6x9s Behind Front Seats

Alpine 5" Mid-Range Behind Head

2 Kicker 15" Solobaric L7 Square Subwoofers in Rear build (Sealed 3.0cuft 1" thick Enclosure)

2x Resonant Engineering HC12 Subwoofers in Boot Build (Ported 3.0cuft 1" thick Enclosure)

Pioneer 6x9s on rear shelf (Separate from boot area)

Amplifiers

2x Rockford Fosgate bd500.1 Class D monoblocks (Each Powering an HC12 sub @ 1Ohm)

2x Audiobahn A18001DT 1800 Watt Class D monoblocks (Each Powering a Kicker Solobaric L7 Sub @ 1Ohm)

Kicker Impulse IX402 (Powering Rear Speakers)

Alpine V12 800Watt (Powering All 14 Front Speakers)

Audio / Visual

Removable 15" LG TFT screen with TV Tuner

Playstation 2 in False Floor Build

233Mhz PC with Infra Red Keyboard and Mouse

Power

4 Batteries - 1x Type 065 + 3x Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle

330 Watt Power Inverter

2 and 4 Gauge cable throughout

Other

Fridge/Heater

151db (Audiocontrol mics) of pure streetbass

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

OOH get you!^^^

Ive got

Alpine CDA7893R HU

Alpine MRP-F240 4 channel amp

Infinity 5000cs comps

Pioneer TSE-1695 co axs

VIBE CBRA10 active sub

2 LED fans!!!

Pretty basic but the sq is fairly good from it.

because i dont plan to have the clio too long, all i currently have fitted is a set of infinity kappa co-ax in the front doors, and an alpine 9803 head unit.

in the old clio i had, alpine 7893 head unit, genesis a13 comps run off genesis profile 2 amp, with a boston acoustics 8.5 pro lf sub being run off a audison lrx1.400 amp, all set up for pure quality

Nope..nothing to do with team Dave. Ive heard of them though. They are doing well in this years comps I believe. Mine isnt an SPL car. It just has a half decent streetbass setup with plenty of treble to keep up with it. It sounds nice considering there are different sizes of subs and plenty of different makes of equipment in there.

ll sort out some pics for you if you like. Ive lost my copy of frontpage so im finding it difficult to post pics on the internet at the moment. Ill see what I can do though.

theres some pics of the car and the old system layout on http://www.evilice.freeservers.com/cliodemocar.htmwww.evilice.freeservers.com/cliodemocar.htmhttp://www.evilice.freeservers.com to keep you going for now if you want to have a browse. Unfortunately some of the specs are wrong though as the system has changed a fair bit since it was last updated.

Russ6

didnt really wanna do mine after that one but i will

pioneer p7500mp headunit

1 x 15inch jbl 3000w sub

1 x 800w 4 channel toxic amp

1 x 800w 2 channel toxic amp which i will have in a week along with 2 pairs of 6x9.

1 x 1 farad powercap

speakers standard at moment their not to bad, 4 normal and 2 tweeters. will soon be all infintitys. standard doing my boot install today its looking good.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 25 May 2004

OOH get you!^^^

Ive got

Alpine CDA7893R HU

Infinity 5000cs comps

Pioneer TSE-1695 co axs

VIBE CBRA10 active sub

2 LED fans!!!

Mine aint to bad either John eh?

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

is this wise letting everyone know what stuff you have in your cars??? local theives may be trawling thru forums like this!!! you never know????

im not having a go here at all but i cant see how that car will sound nice at all.

it may be very loud, but it must sound awful, the soundstaging will be all over the place, you will have high frequencies coming from in front of you, above, and behind you, the imaging would be all over the place with 3 6x9s in each door and 5" mids behind your head.

the kicker square subs must ruin the quality bass coming from the RE subs, because so far, all I have heard from the square subs is noise and no quality.

and surely the mixing of brands cannot help at all, the tonal qualities of each brand will be different.

im sorry if im sounding rude here, im not attacking, its just my opinion and I will be happy to have a listen one day to try and prove my self wrong.

Ad

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

everyones allowed an opinion mate!!! its a free country! so dont feel as tho ur sounding rude!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 25 May 2004

OOH get you!^^^

Ive got

Alpine CDA7893R HU

Infinity 5000cs comps

Pioneer TSE-1695 co axs

VIBE CBRA10 active sub

2 LED fans!!!

Mine aint to bad either John eh?
Aye not too shabby I suppose!;)

Adam - thats a fair point. In theory it should sound sh*t and i definately wouldnt recommend a setup like it but after a couple years of testing and changing equipment ive got it sounding near enough exactly how i like it. The idea was to get it to sound as good as my home system which was about £2000 as well as being able to shift some air. Its not half bad for all the rules that have been broken in the production of it.

Everything is fully tuneable from the dash including each sub individually as well as individidual controls for front and rear making it easy to set up. Once you get to know the system you can tell when its struggling. Luckily there is hardly any distortion unless taken to silly levels or if played too hard with the boot up. Im not going to say its particularly good for SQ as its not (My other car has a twin sub SQ system), but you would be suprised with a few seconds of tweaks here and there...feel free to have a listen if you see me about anywhere.

Matty - The current system owes me about £8000 at the moment but I must have spent nearly 11k over the years. The rest of the car has had about £6 spent on it without taking 4 resprays and previous mods in the last 4 years into account.. I dont particularly want to think of the exact figure as it would be silly money.

oh and FATBOY. I would love to see someone try to nick mine. Its kept nicely locked away, there is no key to start it and you cant hotwire it without removing the bonnet due to metal tubes being in the dash for the wires to go through.

If they wanted the system it might take a while as it weighs over 30 stone. The 2 12s in the box alone weigh about 10 and is nicely secured down.

ST

Ah your overrating it mate, my alpine is much better. In fact as a favour to you Ill do a straight swap with you!:p
Yeah why not mate, just let me know when LOL!