ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound system set up? opinions please?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
right, was gonna get a professional install, but have decided against it as dont want to spend that much money so, what do yous think of this set up

JL audio coaxial speakers for the front - £149.99 running off my alpine head unit (4x50w)

Vibe 10" or 12" enlcosed sub with port.

For the amp im not sure, would i be better bridging a 2 channel or is a mono amp the way to go, i dont know much about mono amps.

Absolutely any suggestions or crticisms welcome!

cheers

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
where you based mine, if you want a custom instal and are near manchester got a mate who does them cheao

RB 182 cup,astra sri
not too close mate, im in ayrshire, scotland, if anyone else is from here and knows someone who could give me a decent price?

cheers anyway mate

v.cheapferrari
coaxials are bound to be good as they are jl audio

if i was you i would buy a cheap 2 channel amp to run them, they will sound are better of an amp rather than through a headunit

the sub will be good (got for 12")

get a monobridgable amp for the sub (the birdgeable means that u could always add another sub to it later on) make sure the amp has headroom on the sub though

what rms has the sub got??

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Or you could buy a 4-channel to do all of it. Though a decent powerful one could cost you more but JBL do good budget and powerful ones like the JBL75.4

Polo + Micra
get comps for the front there is no other way the oem speakers are comps

get an amp for them even if it is only small.

and a sealed sub

RB 182 cup,astra sri
the only reason i was going for coaxials is for ease of fitting, i have never fitted components and thought it might be quite tricky? anyone fitted them before? is it difficult?

If wiring the speakers to an amp in the boot, do you need to wire them to the headunit also? what route through the car would you take for the sire from the speaker to the amp in the boot?

C

Cupster

what music you listen to? Keep the box sealed IMO for more contolled beats.

Renault Clio
would definitly go with comps man, although im sure the JL coax's are indeed, very good. Lol their comps are better though :)

from Trophy 2 work van :(
I would just get some old house speakers, preferably from your nans house as they will be in good working order, (and you will get them free no doubt!) wire them straight in, don't worry about lose wires, use sellotape and stick them along the roof!! job done! :cool:

1.6 focus zetec....
craigp172cup said:
Why not mate? they are JL audio, what would you suggest?

Ive tried a few sets from sony to jl to kicker...almost all of them and i came on here reading a few posts about rainbow 250 deluxe...i thought why not ive tried everything else and they are by far the best ive tried....

Kiza