ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sound deadening with the Alpine X type..?

Clio
Hi just got myself the alpine x type sub with matching amp! and boy it kicks! rattles up the car which i do not like at all! How much will sound deadening help? Its 3000w and 1000 rms, looking for sharp punchy bass! will i have to buy a less powerful sub?
Any help would be great!

Cheers!

ur megane r26
so usin it will stop the rattles, coz i got a 1000 watt sub and it sounds awesome from in the car but outside all u can hear is the rattlin of the car

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The product you need is Dynamat Xtreme, You can buy 9 sheets for £280 In a bulk pack. I used 4 Bulk packs in mine, and weren;t finished.

Buy it from www.caraudiodirect.com

IMO, and not everyone will agree with this, But I wouldn't bother sound deadening, Unless you are going to spend a Fair bit (600+) From my experience, IF you dynamat on the cheap, And dont fully cover areas, You end up just moving the rattle. A Clio is French, Its going to rattle.

I used to run 2 Type X subs with 2 MRD M1005 amps, Wasa nice set up.

For punchy bass, Its all about the enclosure, A Small, sealed box will be best.

ur megane r26
fair play well i cant afford that at the mo so for a 1000watt sub as wel it might not be worth it lol so i mite leave it thanks alot tho mate for the advice and help

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
No probs dude, Any more help I'm sure someone in here can help you with, Some good ICE people on here.

The Type X isn;t really intended for Punchy bass, But you can improve the punch by your enclosure.

ur megane r26
yer well i got the right equipment just not set up propli, i got a pioneer amp runnin the sub which is somin like 750 watts, but it dont seem like it n i think it is coz of the enclosure i got, when i first bought it i had it inside the box and it was shite basicalli it wernt gettin enough air, but now i have taken it so the rear end is stickin out of the box, and it is sooo much better sooo much bassier but still not perfect, and also i think when you turn it up load it is turnin on and off, all the time any ideas?

ur megane r26
right ok well i got the gain on full but have turned the bass boast down a notc today and it dont seem to be doing it

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The single biggest problem with car audio is people try and make their equipment be louder than it is. I wouldn't set you gains no more than 3/4 if I was you, I rarely go more than half. I'd rather have less bass but more of a clear , Unclipped, undistorted bass.

Gains are not the be all and end all of loudness.

Don't get me wrong, I've had 3000wrms Powering 4 12's, But you can't beat a bit of SQ.

Turn your gains down and you should be ok, You don't want to send a clipped signal to your sub!

As a rule I usually set up systems with all bass boost and loud functions on the head unit turned completely off, You get so much more quality with these functions off.

ur megane r26
fair enough mate u got me there i have got the loud system on on me headunit, ok so bass boast up and gain down to half to 3/4 way and then loud off cheers people, glad i found this out now rather than later

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
id wack your gain down to half way, and See how it sounds, If you aren't happy with it, Go up to 5/8ths and see how that sounds. As the gain goes up, You will probably notice a decline in sound quality.

ur megane r26
ooo right ok kl, that will be done tomor first thing, yer i have noticed bout the sound quality thing, i also got 2 6x9's in the parcel shelfs but have unplugged them coz one of them is makin a realli bad vibratin noise when it plays so want rid of them, also got 4 coaxial speakers in the doors, which i wana replace to a decent set of component speakers but it all involves alot of money

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Best thing to do is ditch the 6x9s, And just run an a good set of AMPED componants in the front doors. You dont need speakers anywhere else, Ignore the back, a decent set of amped componants will EASILY fill the Clio with sound.

All you need is a sub and a set of componants and An amp or 2. People try to complicate ICE with powercaps, 6x9s etc etc, when its unnecesary.

Also do you know what gauge power wire you are running?

ur megane r26
yer thats wot i was thinkin bout doin, yer i wondered if i needed a power cap as when i run the sub loud the lights in and out of the car dim then light up again lol when it plays, but is not noticable from outside, im guessin it is going to be 8 gauge but i cant tell u for sure y?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Powercap wont really help that, Thicker power wire and earth wires will. Also replace the stock earths in the car witha thicker wire.

Polo + Micra
people need to think the gain as a multiplyer and NOT a volume control

you can get full power out of an amp with gain on minimum.

so it shouldn't just be guessed at.

Polo + Micra
the best way is to use a c.r.o.

other wise you need to set it to what your pre-out voltage of your head unit is