ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound bars ?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
@Rob G i can recommend sonos stuff. I’ve just had my tv’s and soundbars installed by richer sounds. I have a sonos beam in the kitchen and a sonos Soundbar in the lounge. It’s a very neat set up and I had all the wires tucked away. There are also no remotes for sonos stuff it all works off an app on your phone which is a nice touch. The smaller beam has a built in Alexa so I can tell it to switch the tv on and tell it the volume I want. Also if you have any music streaming services like Apple or Spotify you can link your music to your sonos account and then in turn link both soundbars together to have your music throughout the house.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I use sonos playbar on the main lounge tv. Control the volume from the TV remote control or play music, radio stations, Spotify etc from the app. Got play 1’s, 3, 5 and sub around the house too. Would definitely extend this as and when.

A lot of outlay but they fetch good money second hand too if you think it’s overkill or you simply want gone.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I want the big sub next as they look the part as well, the sound off them is really good as I have it now and im really happy with the look.

172 Cup
Ended up with an LG SK6 as they were on offer at Curry's (half price).
Impressed for what I use it for! I've got a proper hifi setup for music, so this was just for TV/films.
It also auto turns on with the TV and volume can be changed with the TV remote which is what I was after!

Other halfs parents have got Sonos throughout their house, it's really impressive with the integration etc.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I’m after a surround system (nothing against Sonos in principle but it feels expensive).

Saw this, any thoughts? Wireless rears is particularly appealing as there’s no good way to do the wires without moving furniture and pulling up carpet.

What’s so good about Dolby Atmos? (Don’t think this has it)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Dolby Atmos is excellent in cinema as it provides loads of separate channels for individual effects and stuff.

The home version is massively cut down, IMO it's little more than a gimmick as it will never be as close as a cinema experience.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Dolby Atmos is excellent in cinema as it provides loads of separate channels for individual effects and stuff.

The home version is massively cut down, IMO it's little more than a gimmick as it will never be as close as a cinema experience.

It's only a gimmick on cheaper stuff, much like cheap sound bars proclaiming to give you the sense of 5.1. With the right kit it's definitely better no question.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm now running the Samsung N950 in my lounge and it is superb. The Dolby Atmos works incredibly well given the compact physical nature of the soundbar. The sub can be a little overpowering but knocking it down a level or two soon fixed that.

I'm actually tempted to use the same setup for my dedicated cinema room due to the fact that it exceeded my expectations. Recommended.

RenaultSport clio 182
I'm now running the Samsung N950 in my lounge and it is superb. The Dolby Atmos works incredibly well given the compact physical nature of the soundbar. The sub can be a little overpowering but knocking it down a level or two soon fixed that.

I'm actually tempted to use the same setup for my dedicated cinema room due to the fact that it exceeded my expectations. Recommended.

I'd want it to suck me off for £1200, jeeezzz!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've got loads of Sonos kit, but the fact that it doesn't support anything other than AC3 is a pain, I had to lobby hard to get Plex to support a mode which allowed transcoding of DTS server side and when I switched the Emby they also added a feature after I requested it to allow this to happen.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I added the Sonos Sub to my set up yesterday. It’s a cracking bit of kit and works lovely with the the beam in the kitchen(in the pic) or with the soundbar in the lounge
1ACFC2F7-3454-496E-823F-CD8AE88C23E9.jpeg