ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soul, Passion or Spirit?

Meg 225
Ok so i want to get me a christmas present and after reading various threads with good results with Auto Finesse products i want to order some. Now what would be the best wax for my Flamer, AF Soul, Passion or Spirit? Is it worth the difference in price?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Spirit is the only one i'd buy mate. Durability has to be decent in this country.

I have to be honest I think there are better waxes out there and i'm a massive AF fan mate.

Meg 225
Well i'm open for sugestions mate? As for durability i have used colli 876 and quite happy with it, just want something that lasts well and gives the nice wetlook to the Flame red

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I had samples of all 3, but bought spirit and it's my 1st expensive wax. over tripple 3 the depth of colour gand flake of my LY Clio was amazing. not quite as easy to use as the others though.

Soul was OK, didn't last all that well, looked nice but very easy to use so simple to re apply.

Passion was good, looked great and still easy to use and durability was fair.

If you're lucky enough Desire is believed to be pretty special

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Budget mate? Durability important?

£100 budget is a good place to start.

Meg 225
Well my budget is around £100,- but prefer looks over durability as for durability protection in the winter i will use Glossworkz glaze then Jetseal 109 and top it with the colli 876, but for after the winter i want something jaw dropping lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
This answer can be for both of you.

Spirit doesn't feel special enough to compete with Glasur imo. Pot, the feel of the product. Russ has used both more than me though.

Glasur imo is immense. Sometimes it can need a second wipe down after an hour due to gassing solvents but tbh it's unbeatable at that price.

Imo Swisswax Shield even though a little more expensive is the better all round wax. Ease of use ect. It doesn't have the looks or water behaviour of Glasur but it's superb.

Glasur is an older wax but easily the gem of the Zymol range. I've owned 2 pots now. The water behaviour is second only to C1 which is a super sealant. As far as wax goes it's the dog's balls.

I can only say for the money that Spirit commands i'd never buy it over Glasur.

Megane R26
Desire seems to be the best overall AF wax, but not sure when or if it will be released.

I've used all three and obviously Spirit is best, being the range topper. Would I take it over Glasur? Tough question, and I think Swissvax Shield needs to come into the equation too.

Meg 225
omg Russ, now another competitor will make the choice even harder, maybe i need to change the title to, 'Which wax would you buy for around £100,- ?'

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Thanks Kev / Russ.

Although I love the finish of spirit it doesn't feel much different to use than any of my other waxes. the acclaimed durability was a factor in buying it, but I sold the car after 2months of application so couldn't really comment. Have been tempted to put it for sale / swap for a zymol or swizzvax pot.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's all about opinions at the end of the day Dave, all of us like different things. The only thing that put me off shield was the price and the recent price rise.

Before the price rise it was a bargain. Shield is one of the best all round waxes on the market.

Meg 225
Swissvax Shield costs me around €130,- and Glasur costs almost the same for me, i've read on DW that they are very similar in finish and durability, but Shield seems easier to apply/remove, is this true? Just want to be sure before i pay such an amount for a wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bang on mate. Glasur is an on off type wax. Swisswax waxes can be left for days and remove no problem. One of their perks.

Glasur does spread like butter though. One swipe I did a full bonnet and wing.

These days... i'm still not sure which I would go for. 51% towards Shield.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's a good idea mate for what you're loking for.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're welcome mate, I'd buy a SV micro towel and black applicator whilst I was ordering just to make sure it's mint.

Be careful with your prep also mate. Needs a good base.

Meg 225
I'm going to do all washing steps, then iron-x and tardis the car, then going to clay with sonus clay and dodo Born slippy, then use Rejuvinate on an orange hex-logic pad to clean the paint and then give it à coat of jetseal 109 before the SV Shield, which i was thinking putting on 2 layers, good this way?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I personally would only use Jetseal for the winter mate. 2 coats of Shield on their own would be fine mate.

My personal thing would be.

Rejuvenate by machine > Prima amigo glaze via machine on a finishing pad and 2 coats of Shield. :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tis.

Glossworkz is too oily imo mate. EZ creme is the only other base i'd use with expensive waxes.

Amigo will get the best out of any paint/wax.

Megane R26
Agree, you will hinder durability with these oily ones. I'm not a fan at all.

Ideally get a small bottle of Cleaner Fluid perhaps. Works well with a DA

Golf GT & A4 Avant
When I 1st tried SN hybrid I used EZ creme on some panels with a red hex logic pad and cleaned up quite well.

Panels with LP and SNH laster better than those with EZ creme and SNH though.

Megane R26
Exactly, I always stick to the respective manufacturers paint cleanser when using a boutique wax, especially on a customers car, to ensure best possible durability.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wouldn't like to say with a premium wax like Zymol or Swissvax, Kev or Russ I'm sure will be able to comment but it's worked with all mine that I've tried so far.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like rejuvenate. Much less oily than Lime Prime aswell.

It would be fine with most waxes.

Definitely worth looking at Cleaner fluid though especially with high end waxes.

So many cleansers out there though. I'm a massive cleanser fan. :eek:

Meg 225
Ok then i'll have a look at a pot of SV Shield, their foam applicator a micro towel and a bottle of cleaner fluid....Which will cost me €184,- pffff
Well i guess that if i don't put the extra money out on the cleaner fluid the result would't come out as it supposed too. However i do have the blue fluffy towels http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html are these any good? As from SV they are €19,- a piece!!

I do like the word 'high-end wax' as my living room also contains some high-end audio stuff lol

Megane R26
Rejuvenate would be fine tbh, as would a normal foam app and MF's, depends how flush you feel I suppose :)

JD - working most of it :( Just the Bank Holidays I'm free.

I have 2 cars this weekend, and 2 cars next.

Russ.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely pick up a meguirs foam app for the wax. The cloths you have will be fine though as will rejuvenate.