ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be turboed

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will post up after the winter when I've done it then, it's not a LET anymore though it's a b204 Saab engine now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought a LET has enough power potential?

Isn't this just bad luck?

The LET blocks aren't reliable much past 500bhp.
People get more out of them but if they use them hard they fatigue and crack, qrew has had same problem so has specky.

Saab block is ludicrously strong and even the standard rods and pistons and crank will do 500bhp no problem.

Spent 12k building my LET, spent 200 quid on the Saab lump to replace it, lol.

BMW 118d
Cant complain about that Chip lol. One of the Nova's in my Avatar has Just received a 1.8 Vw 20v turbo, something abit different to the norm.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cant complain about that Chip lol. One of the Nova's in my Avatar has Just received a 1.8 Vw 20v turbo, something abit different to the norm.

Seems like a lot of hassle to put in when its not really got any advantages over the LET than I can think of, but fair play for the skills involved in doing so.
Have seen a LET in a golf too, so its been done both ways now, lol

Evo 5 RS
Saab engines are all pretty much indestructible. Not sure what engine it was exactly but my mate had the 95 2.2 turbo in auto, had garret turbo of sorts and was over 300bhp. Gave it death and did a 100 mile daily round trip 5 days a week. Sold it 4 years ago. Still see the bloke about in it now, must be on well over 250k now. Almost unbelievable

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would be a B234 in that I would expect, and would be a 2.3 not a 2.2 as they didnt do a 2.2 at that age.

BMW 118d
Seems like a lot of hassle to put in when its not really got any advantages over the LET than I can think of, but fair play for the skills involved in doing so.
Have seen a LET in a golf too, so its been done both ways now, lol

Yeah well just had enough of LETs chip and had the VAG engine cheap. Will post some pics up when done.