ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon to be turboed

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate I'd suggest re routing your lines, I had a similar issue and despite having each individual line heat wrapped then some nimbus heat shield covering the whole bulkhead, I was still boiling both brake fluid and PAS fluid when out on track :(

Loving the "Can do, will do" attitude though, quite refreshing for this place ;)

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Thanks for the kind words lads, Going to be down tools at about 5.30 and dragging it in the workshop to do a bit more. should have another update about midnight :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
great progress.

which turbo is it you have fitted ?

I wondered this, I can see it's a garret and I think it's a t2 but from what? And this is super quick progress well done! Will be interested to see what it makes with the inlet and head/cam difference, and that turbo is reeeeeeally close to the fire wall!!!!!

Ph1 172
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

After a James Stone BBQ work begin at about 6.30pm.

First things first was to get the engine all wired up. We had to take the upper inlet off to get all the wiring in.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

We decided last minute to ditch the air-con to leave more space for the boost pipes and inter-cooler. So out of some scrap brackets and steel from around the workshop we made this very quick air con delete kit.

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

We need to wait for the shop to open in the morning to buy the correct belt.

We also moved the battery to the boot and laid the ECU flat to make some more room for boost pipes. We had to drill and tap some holes to hold the ECU in place.

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

DSC00830.jpg

After not much time at all of plugging, wiring and clipping we were ready for the big moment!!!!

Please note the engine was running on the standard management with R26 injectors so was very very rich. Were going to be wiring in the standalone management tomorrow. It also has no downpipe as its being custom made on friday.

th_MOV00835.jpg

Ph1 172
We only started building it Monday evening as the powder coaters had my engine bits. If we got them back earlier then it would be even closer to finished. Let's just hope we can get everything sorted for Saturday!

330i. E30 Touring.
Awesome work guys!

I've seen this Ph1 around Chertsey a lot over the last few months!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Seriously impressive work gents. I really should come down and see how its going......i might pop in tonight and have a nose!

Im also seriously impressed James didn't kill you with his BBQ "skillz". Did he soak everything in Fosters as per usual??

2.2 bar shed.
So when you breaking it for parts because its not a comfortable daily?

Seriously though, fantastic effort.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Only just finnished working on it tonight.

Standalone management is in, just can't seem to get a crank signal. so thats a job before it goes to the fabricators for the downpipe tomorrow or today should i say.

Ill do a propper update with pictures in the morning. Im too tired now! lol

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
You using the OE crank sensor and just splitting the signal between the dash and ECU?

What ECU you using?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
UPDATE!!!!!!!!Before we did anything last night after finishing the paying jobs of the day, it was time for another BBQ! Weather was nice so why not?

DSC00843.jpg

We mocked up the intercooler we are going to be using for now which is a standard Focus ST intercooler and worked out all the pipe work to get it to the turbo and inlet. One of my good mates is currently on a 250mile round trip to pick up the silicon hose’s to get the ready for mapping later.

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

Standalone management was the next thing to go in. We have wired it in to trick the standard ecu into thinking it’s still running the engine. That way there shouldn't be any engine lights or the standard ECU interfering where it’s not wanted.

DSC00844.jpg

First things first was to pin out all the pins we needed from the standard ecu and let the chopping soldering and heat wrapping begin.

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

All completed and taped up. The loom running out the other side of the loom plug is the standalone loom.

DSC00848.jpg

After a slight wiring mishap on the crankshaft sensor, (I'm letting us off that one as it was 2am and easily spotted at 8am after some sleep.) She runs on the standalone!!

th_MOV00849.jpg

VIDEO