ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson Vivaz

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I know what you mean I was initially waiting for the SE Satio, but due to the vast complaints re the OS and the recall by phones 4 u and carphonewarehouse I didn't. I came close to getting the HTC HD2, but I have left it due to the camera not being up to scratch.

This one sounds promising, I just hope that the software does not let it down again like it seems to with all SE phones. I don't understand. The CLio had issues with engine coils so it was replaced with a coil pack and the problem was solved. Why don't SE ever get the Operating Software right for their phones :dapprove:

If you do get it can you let me know what you think. If not I think I might wait for the X10 or 4G Iphone providing they sort the camera out!

182FF with cup packs
Get on the Nexus One bandwagon :cool: it rocks.

I was gonna wait for the X10, but now I have N1 I'm glad I didn't bother waiting.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What exactly are you waiting for?

What phone do you have now?

Mini Cooper S sport
What exactly are you waiting for?

What phone do you have now?

I have a shitty LG Viewty which I bought last summer for £100 to keep me going while I waited for something decent to come out.

I want a phone with a good camera (8mp, no less than 5, good lens and flash) and video capabilities with a good OS.

Nothing has appealed so far.

Therefore I thought I'd wait for the Android X10.

I'm waiting because if I have to go back on a contract I'll be stuck with it for at least 18 months so it'll have to be good.

I'd even wait for the iPhone 4g, as at last it should have a decent camera.

VaVa
Playing devils advocate, if you'd said you wanted a phone with good browsing capabilities as a priority, would he have said "Buy a netbook and a nokia 1100"?

Mini Cooper S sport
Playing devils advocate, if you'd said you wanted a phone with good browsing capabilities as a priority, would he have said "Buy a netbook and a nokia 1100"?

LOL probably!

Of course I want it to do other things, but a good camera on it is what I'm after.

Ah well.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Considered a samsungy I8910 HD thingamie bob? Has new s/w finally. May be right up your street.

Mini Cooper S sport
I know I mentioned it in the other thread, but I've gone for the Xperia X10 after all, ordered it yesterday! Suddenly noticed it was out on O2 yesterday, thought it was an April Fool, I've been waiting so long.

Had a play with it in the O2 shop today and it looks fecking awesome I must say. Big, but not too big (the Samsung one was gigantic) and it seems very quick.

Can't wait til it turns up on Tuesday, hope it was worth the wait.

YAY.

BG 225 lux + cup RST
I have a s**tty LG Viewty which I bought last summer for £100 to keep me going while I waited for something decent to come out.

I want a phone with a good camera (8mp, no less than 5, good lens and flash) and video capabilities with a good OS.

Nothing has appealed so far.

Therefore I thought I'd wait for the Android X10.

I'm waiting because if I have to go back on a contract I'll be stuck with it for at least 18 months so it'll have to be good.

I'd even wait for the iPhone 4g, as at last it should have a decent camera.

you're in the exact same boat as me, I have the LG Renoir and have been considering the X10, HTC HD2 or iPhone 4G

Let us know how you get on with the X10! It does look really good - I heard that the sensitivity of the screen had a couple of issues, in that it required you to press a little harder than you would think to work the screen? But looking at the YouTube demo's it seems okay

Mini Cooper S sport
Well the one I played with in the shop yesterday was lightning fast and very responsive - it even has a touch-screen lock :cool:

Will keep you updated!

tiTTy & SV650
Ordered a Vivaz as a free replacement, uses Symbian software like some Nokias so hopefully the SE glitches have gone. Upgrade in September so just needs to last me 5 months anyway.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
my satio's fine but it "was made" after the problems so i didnt have the pleasure of them, but tbh its OK, its not great and its not sh*te but if i was you'd id go for something better. I only got the satio as i could get discount on it over the iPhone 3Gs and a better package.

It rings and text's so im not bothered either way lol

ITB'd MK1
Ordered a Vivaz as a free replacement, uses Symbian software like some Nokias so hopefully the SE glitches have gone. Upgrade in September so just needs to last me 5 months anyway.

Symbian software is what's killed Nokias edge on the market. It just can't keep up. I'm shocked anyone else has actually bothered with it

Mini Cooper S sport
Symbian software is what's killed Nokias edge on the market. It just can't keep up. I'm shocked anyone else has actually bothered with it

It's hoping to keep up with the N8

http://www.techtree.com/India/Features/Nokia_N8_Something_Innately_Good_About_It/551-110886-899.html

It does look good, but I'm not entirely convinced and I still think 12MP is too much for a phone camera.

I've just found out SE are releasing Android 2.1 for the X10 in September which is very yayful.