ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson Mobiles

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Which is going to be the best mobile out? I really want the K850i, but a lot of people are saying the W910i or W960i will be better.

Opinions?

im getting the w910i as soon as its free on £25 tarrifs. Its available from o2 online right now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah that looks great, but I could really do with a better camera than 2MP. I know its a phone in reality, but the K850i comes with a 5MP camera smacked on. That W910i does look sweet though.

tiTTy & SV650
I'm waiting for the T650i:

T650.jpg

Mate in Hong Kong says its pretty awesome, stainless steel with an anti-scratch GLASS screen. 3.2 MP camera like the K800 although I'm not sure if it's got all the features of the K800 camera.

tiTTy & SV650
My Sony Ericsson keeps switching itself off at random, anyone else have problems with that? Ive got a K810i.

nope, not got that problem with mine.

I did get a warranty replacement one about 11 months ago. You do know SE have a 24month warranty? Send it back!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
download the flash software, the only reason it does that is the V1 software they used on it, has issues with the amount of files which were stored on the phone memory, once it got to a certain amount the phone would freeze and reset.

I had mine updated at Carphone Warehouse around 3 months back, word of advice make sure you save all of you details as it will wipe all of the phones history.

I am hopefully getting the 850i next week, well thats if Carphone Warehouse actually get them in. They were meant to be relesed on the 5th, but due to issues with customs this has been set back, or so they say.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There are numerous phones which had glitches like that where they'll switch off or hang. Nokia's do it too. Send it back and get them to upgrade the firmware perhaps.

Judging by the reviews, I'm going to stick by the K850i.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Oh and by the way, there is already a reflash available for the 850i, it updates all the firmware to the latest batch of mobile walkmans, so you are able to have track id like many of the MP3 out there. I think it also changes the settings for the way the pictures are stored to the phones memory or the memory card.

Just be aware of this if you get one of the first batches. It may well be sorted once the likes of Orange, O2, Vodaphone etc get there grubby mits on them and fuk about with the OS Display.

My 810i even though its on Orange has the Sony Erricson OS Display which is spot on, much better than Orange's attempt to cost you money every time you accidently press the wap button on the left hand side, instead of the cancel .

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Nah its for the K seris, I was looking at the updates on the Carphone warehouse instore system while the dossey cow went to brazil and back again to find the paperwork,

It was a rather intresting read, esspecially all the Nokia recalls they have on the system.

Artic Blue Clio 182
I'm waiting for the T650i:

T650.jpg

Mate in Hong Kong says its pretty awesome, stainless steel with an anti-scratch GLASS screen. 3.2 MP camera like the K800 although I'm not sure if it's got all the features of the K800 camera.

This is already out, I saw it in Carphone Warehouse @ the wknd. Looks pretty sweet.

I'm undecided on whether to get a W910i or the K850i .... the K850i is big-ish & I like slim phones, but it has got a better camera than the W910i...I need to see them both in the flesh I think! hmmm ...decisions!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sonyericsson updates do not wipe details only rebranding does this.
Use the home updater or OTA system.

The reflash for the k850 does not exist nor is it needed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Tom, would you say the K850i is a better phone overall package wise than the W960i and W910i?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
W910i yes, w960 no as its a powerhouse.

K850 is more of an all rounder, i struggle to see the point of the w910i

Last edited:
  FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
problem with SE, is that you get the latest one out, only to find a week later there's a better one out! i know they all do it, but just seems SE are worse!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Same size as a p1, so not too bad.
(about the same as an n95 shut)