ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonus SFX-1 question?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is this stuff too harsh for normal use?

I'd only be using the standard SFX-2 polish anyway, but if there were sections that didn't appear to be touched by the SFX-2, I maybe tempted for the SFX-1.

D.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The SFX are very much underated. The SFX-2 is a fairly mild polish, with SFX-3 really just being a gloss enhancer.

SFX-1 on the scale of abrasion is slightly above Menzerna Intensive Polish and Meguiars #83. It is quite a brittle polish though so breaks down easily which is why it is so popular as an into to machine polishing.

This Nissan 200sx I corrected using the SFX gear and are a set of polishes I keep meaning to re use, but have a load of litre bottles of the Menz open so never get cahnce.

ST
Darren just go with the SFX-1,2&3 steps, use a good sealant a quality carnuba and it'll come up like new.

106 GTi
After the paint correction - AG SRP works well by PC, follow that up with EGP and you will get cracking results for very little muhoney.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
After the paint correction - AG SRP works well by PC, follow that up with EGP and you will get cracking results for very little muhoney.

Ah? I have a large bottle of AG SRP - maybe I'll try that first then after the SFX-2 (or 1) phase?

Iirc, you don't rate the AG Ultra Deep Shine for afterwards, Rich? I do have a bottle of the AG EGP as well....

D.

106 GTi
Yeap - Not a fan of the UDS as it won't let the EGP bond to it.

After you polishing with the SFX's follow that up with the SRP and EGP and it will look good.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Is doing AG SRP after you've done sfx 3 not overkill? Aren't they basically the same product?

106 GTi
SFX is a finsishing polish and you could argue the same for SRP.

That said SRP has very little actual abbrassive cut, it cleans chemically and leaves a perfect base for the EGP to bond too. If you want to use the EGP it needs to go over the SRP for best results.

If your going straight to wax after PCing with SFX 3 the SRP will not be needed.