ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonic Purple

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Does anyone have a Sonic Purple 182 like this one?

C:\documents and Settings\pennings\Desktop\Sonic Purple182.bmp">

If so could you post pics?

Do you think that a Renault Dealer would respray a Clio Sonic Purple?
Does anyone know somewhere better than a dealer?

I really love this colour!!

[Edited by Clio_1.6 on 04 August 2005 at 11:09am]

Its a photoshop.

It does look the b****cks. A decent bodyshop should be able to spray it a similar colour but i would imagine the paint wouldnt be cheap.

1.5 dci 106 Clio

A photoshop...really?? Its a good photoshop!!

Its still the dogs!!!

A respray isnt cheap anyway is it? But I would imagine, like you said Loony, its gonna be more expensive with a custom colour!!

Im gutted its a photoshop and no-one has a car that colour!

Decent respray will really be £1500 upwards anyway. Personally if i was to have a respray id want the car totally stripped and engine out rather than masking off the glass/wheels and just blowing over the exterior. Paint like that can be as much as £500 per litre or more and they may use between 3 to 6 litres depending on how many coats etc.

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Man, I didnt think that a respray would be so much!! I know it would be expensive but wow...

I think if I did go for a respray (*sweating at the thought of the price*) I would have the car totally stripped, like you Loony!

hey 6secClio, I didnt think Renault had it in them either! lol...:)

The Jinx

Wow! If they really do make them that colour Id buy one of the sh*tboxes just to get the free colour with it!:cool:

That is seriously cool.

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 04 August 2005
Wow! If they really do make them that colour Id buy one of the sh*tboxes just to get the free colour with it!:cool:

Free?? Come one, this is Renault, it would be a £3k extra id colour! ;)

Bloody nice colour though!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

You can save a fair bit of money with a respray if youre prepared to do some of the prep work yourself. Its not worth papering down the bodywork unless you can do a good job. But you can do all the stripping out yourself, and prep the engine bay and inside of the doors etc for paint.

Some paints are just plain expensive tho and require plenty of coats to get the right effect.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_1.6 on 04 August 2005

Does anyone have a Sonic Purple 182 like this one?

C:\documents and Settings\pennings\Desktop\Sonic Purple182.bmp">

If so could you post pics?

Do you think that a Renault Dealer would respray a Clio Sonic Purple?
Does anyone know somewhere better than a dealer?

I really love this colour!!

[Edited by Clio_1.6 on 04 August 2005 at 11:09am]

Surely nobody in their right mind would take a car to a Renault dealer to be painted!! It would cost you more than if you take it to a reputable body shop yourself, because Renault would almost certainly sub-contract it to a bodyshop.

1.5 dci 106 Clio

Hey GR7, the Renault Garage I would take it to is sound! Yes you heard me right!
I know the body shop manager, hes a sound guy and all the work is done at the dealer by the dealer and his guys do a top job!!
I know from first hand experience!! Not too expensive either!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 04 August 2005

Decent respray will really be £1500 upwards anyway. Personally if i was to have a respray id want the car totally stripped and engine out rather than masking off the glass/wheels and just blowing over the exterior. Paint like that can be as much as £500 per litre or more and they may use between 3 to 6 litres depending on how many coats etc.
A really good sprayer can paint an entire car in 1.5l...But then again if it was 500 squid a L id charge for 6L lol