ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonax Car Shampoo

MINI Cooper S
Why when i use this shampoo my paint does not feel smooth and waxed anymore? (it doesn't feel smooth, like it does when the car is just waxed) With other shampoo's when i have finished, if i have waxed the car recently the paint still feels smooth. I washed the car on Saturday with Sonax for the first time, and the paint didn't feel smooth and water wasn't beading to well, so i decided to add another layer of P21s and all was good. Washed the car today with Sonax again, its a great shampoo, but my paint feels all rough again? water is still beading well though. Does Sonax strip the wax? do i need to wax the car every time when using Sonax?

Thanks, Danny.

106 GTi
How much Sonax you using? What does the finish look like after washing.

It wont bead water as part of the rinse as the sheeting action it has helps drying. I find the Sonax leaves a great finish and not had it strip wax.

MINI Cooper S
The finish is great! The paint just doesn't feel as soft, smooth and waxy as it normally does... and i'm just a bit worried about the protection on my paint. The water did bead when i rinsed the car after washing today though... I used 2 cap fulls to a bucket (10lt) of warm water, like it says on the bottle, and used 2 bucket method.

106 GTi
I have found the recommended mixture quite strong, I use half that 1 Capfull per bucket (30ml per 10 litres).

I know what you mean about the surface feel, but it has not beeen something that has ever worried me. It does not feel the same as those that include wax in them.

If the finish it leaves bothers you, use some QD as you dry, or quick detail the car after.

MINI Cooper S
Ahh, i am probably just worrying over nothing, next time though i will use less than the recommended amount like you said, and ill use some QD (i think i have some megs QD left somewere). Thanks Rich :)