ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonax Brilliant Shine QD - All youll ever need!

Not a 320d
OK so maybe not. But this product will be great for those that want to wax but cant be f**ked. Its also good for those of us who just want to top up beading when they have little time (Like me with on street washing).

DW have been going nuts about it... http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295795

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detai...-brillant-shine-detailer-750ml/prod_1178.html

Its well priced at £12.95 for 750ml.

The ONLY issues I have with this product is application and the finish. Finish wise its not smooth nor does it have a glass like feel. Its not very slick. It feels rough to the touch therefore I would only treat it as a spray sealant after washing. I find it best to use two microfibres after washing the car properly. One to spread the product and the other to 'buff' dry. Using it in sunlight or on a really warm day it can leave lots of streaks (More so than many other QD's). This product is also all about beading and not much else. Finish wise it doesnt add much like a good 'nuba based QD would, more a crisp sealant looking finish. Some people have suggested using a MF applicator pad to spread then a MF cloth to remove.

If you can use it as a spray sealant then I would highly suggest getting some. If you go buying it from clean your car then dont forget your cliosport05 discount code.

Believe me when I say the beading is BRILLIANT. I doused the car in Demon Shine Rapid Dirt Shifter and after washing with BTBM the beading was still as epic as before.

Its durable stuff, apparently and I can believe that.

isdsc07140.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Just finished using this on my car. No time for any pics but thought I'd add my opinion.

First of all, I'd go as far as to say this simply isn't a QD. It doesn't spread like one, doesn't feel like one, doesn't leave a QD finish and I had to give it a good scrub to remove even the lightest fingerprint from my piano black trim.

However, I don't intend to use it as a QD as I've bought it to add to my LSP armoury and, on that basis, it's pretty easy to use. I applied with a folded short pile MF cloth and then buffed with a longer pile cloth. No smearing for me, although my cars grey so probably not as visible as black. The finish is nice and clear, not particularly glossy but its definitely added a bit of clarity.

To the touch it does leave the paint a bit sticky and I can see why people are hesitant on that front. Reviews seem to suggest that it becomes more slick after a little while / another wash so we'll see on that front.

I'm actually looking forward to witnessing the water behaviour. Hopefully the durability will top my Werkstat Acrylic, which I have always been a little disappointed with.

Not a 320d
Based on using this as a spray sealant, what will this give over say reload or C2?

Ive used Reload that came with my gayquartz. I think Reload is better to use. Ive not had them long enough to compare durability but from what I have seen the beading is better on Sonax. Its also durable. And its cheaper than reload. I was hoping I could use it as a QD which is why I bought it as an alternative to reload but its simply not possible so ive decided just to man it and get down to the jet wash more often.

Ive not used the new Gtechniq sprays except 1.5 which was s**t. I know Gally rekons C2V3 is pretty epic and I would imagine it is better. But if the Sonax holds out like it has done then it will be pretty decent.

Its about value for money and I think Sonax has provided just that. IMO people not into detailing can now clay their car then apply this stuff. Itll take them a few hours and results should be adequate enough. Especially when it rains.

It really doesn't sound close to C2V3.

Dont think it is.

But price wise I think it competes.

It can be applied to vynal, rubber etc (not sure about glass) like C2 can. But you get 750ml of it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Without using C2V3, I can't really compare. However I'd say the benefits are its price point / quantity. This single bottle will last me years.

My paintwork definitely feels smoother now than it did after application. Also very little dust on it 24 hours later, although I don't know if that's due to the slightly different climate today.

Fiesta ST3
made a short video on this in action, pretty insane stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: