ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sometimes wish she had more power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I picked that girl up a few weeks back for our date (the one who i picked up down the road so her dad didnt see the car).

She got in and cuz lusty has quite a loud air filter/exhaust, she said "wow you can really hear the engine".

She had no idea it was a 1.2 16v (being a girl she had no idea about engines and sizes anyway), so I reckon she was expecting some huuuge power, so rather than embarass myself and lusty I drove extra casually all the way there and back (kept the revs and speed down).

That way it looked like there was potentially loads of power left but I just wanted to drive slowly ;) ;)

I just wish lusty really did have the power to match the looks and sound. :dapprove: Therefore there would be no need for all this shizzle trying to maintain my dignity.

Titanium 182
I remember when I picked that girl up a few weeks back for our date (the one who i picked up down the road so her dad didnt see the car).

She got in and cuz lusty has quite a loud air filter/exhaust, she said "wow you can really hear the engine".

She had no idea it was a 1.2 16v (being a girl she had no idea about engines and sizes anyway), so I reckon she was expecting some huuuge power, so rather than embarass myself and lusty I drove extra casually all the way there and back (kept the revs and speed down).

That way it looked like there was potentially loads of power left but I just wanted to drive slowly ;) ;)

I just wish lusty really did have the power to match the looks and sound. :dapprove: Therefore there would be no need for all this shizzle trying to maintain my dignity.

Its not possible to have dignity when you own a rainbow chav wagon.

Its official if you were to lick lustys car

you WOULD taste the rainbow.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
imo the louder a car is the slow it goes.

all you need to do is close your eyes in a town centre and open them when you here an induction kit/zorst sound. 9 times out of 10 it will be below 1.6. and a 18 year old nobber

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

you mean at 30mph it wasnt flat out:eek: wow its faster than i thought with that 1 tonne of body kitt and paint

german

all you need to do is close your eyes in a town centre and open them when you here an induction kit/zorst sound. 9 times out of 10 it will be below 1.6. and a 18 year old nobber

exactly, they always sound shite anyway. God knows why the owner could ever think it sounds good.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

exactly, they always sound s**te anyway. God knows why the owner could ever think it sounds good.
I am guilty of it tbh. I used to have a 172 with exhaust and induction. Then one day in the summer I was out with a work colleague having a drink at lunch and he said about noise = slow. I said he was talking balls, but each time we heard a noisy car it turned out to be a 1.2 or similar with 10 people in it

Put my 172 back to std (before I sold it)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I agree with Lusty TBH. It does has far too much power, given the ridiculous colour, bodykit, and exhaust. It should have 27bhp, so that everyone get more time to laugh as you drive past.

Never above 25mpg
No doubt without all the extra heavy bodycrap on it there would definitely be an increase in power..

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Two things amaze me in this thread.

One, is that you talk as though your car looks good. And two, that somebody other than yourself actually had the guts to be driven round in such a thing.

Have you run out of free posts yet Lusty?

Why didn't you spend the money you spent on all that misguided tack on engine modifications? Or hell, why didn't you buy a faster car?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Two things amaze me in this thread.

One, is that you talk as though your car looks good. And two, that somebody other than yourself actually had the guts to be driven round in such a thing.
bit harsh that matey...
Probably, but as somebody just kindly said, it is, in my opinion, the truth.

Making such a thread does put you in the firing line of ridicule to be fair aswell. Not making an attack on the lad, son't know him, just putting the point across that I think his car modifications are crap.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
bit harsh that matey...

Making such a thread does put you in the firing line of ridicule to be fair aswell. Not making an attack on the lad, son't know him, just putting the point across that I think his car modifications are crap.
has he posted a pic in this thread?

no!

She had no idea it was a 1.2 16v (being a girl she had no idea about engines and sizes anyway),

You should know better than to be sexist on here!

Plenty of the girls on here would know more about engines than you do, my missus included, and she hasn't even got a driving license :clown:

J03

MX5 1.8
tbh i dont even know why you bother posting on here anymore lusty.. the amount of stupid comments is rediculous lol it truely is! you out of eveyone should know that! why not get a fully standard 182 or 172 then these guys will crawl up your bum!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

has he posted a pic in this thread?

no!
I have seen pictures of his car.

J03

MX5 1.8
lol Cars that look like that never have power, so it does match the looks and sounds.

not really.. ave been to some cruises and meets where all these chavved up cars have like 2.0 - 3.0 engines... most common are the c20 let corsas..

Clio
You've spent ridiculous amounts of money on the lust mobile and your happy with it, so just drop a big engine in it for a few more grand. Job done.

P.S: - Lusty, for my helpful and kind advice PM me a few snaps of the bird you took out pretty please.;)

133/225/CLS AMG
That is the trouble with building a car thats all show and no go!!

But as for the loud cars being slow. I drive a Lupo with a 1.4 engine thats got a stainless system, new manifold and induction kit. Yeah its loud and a small engine but its not actually slow!! So I'm gonna stand by that.

Unfortunately, most loud hatches are just 1.2s with bit noisy back boxes on haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.