ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something hanging down.....

....looks like it's coming from the plastic shield at the bottom of the engine.

Looks like some kind of foam/insulation type thing. Thought I'd run over a bag or something but when using a pole to try and remove it found it was this!

Any idea's what it could be, and whether I should just leave it or would it be best to remove it?

Is it related in any way to the recent oil change I had done?

I accept that I am a mechanical r****d......

it sounds like the liner for the undertray - not needed if it's badly damaged; if it's OK, whip the undertray off and put it back in

It's sort of half in/half out, just looks unsightly. Don't have access to a ramp to remove it either unfortunately. Would it cause a problem to leave it there, or if I somehow reached under and pulled the lining out? Don't really want to have to go back to the garage if I can help it.....

Last edited:
you need a 10mm spanner/socket - the undertray's held up by a bolt in each corner - can probably remove it without jacking it up. failing that, just pull it out. can't see it causing a problem, but guess you wouldn't want it getting wrapped up in a driveshaft or the exhaust system or something