ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone to fit coilovers in Bristol area?

Arctic 182FF
Looking for someone to fit coilovers for me in the Bristol area, towards the end of this week if possible and preferably for <£50.
I normally go to Dan at SJ motors but he's busy until early next month and I'm impatient.

Anyone?

Arctic 182FF
Josh, I can probably do it Friday afternoon, I just couldn't get the clutch done at the same time.

Ah right I didn't realise. However, if there was someone in Bristol that could do it that would save me a 2 hour round trip.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Stick them on yourself mate, it's a absolute breeze. Can't remember exact bolt sizes but for front it's just 2 on the stub axle then a spanner and Allen key for the top. Rear is 1 bolt bottom and spanner and Allen key for top. Should only take 20/30 mins maybe a hour if it's your first time.

Arctic 182FF
Stick them on yourself mate, it's a absolute breeze. Can't remember exact bolt sizes but for front it's just 2 on the stub axle then a spanner and Allen key for the top. Rear is 1 bolt bottom and spanner and Allen key for top. Should only take 20/30 mins maybe a hour if it's your first time.

Thanks for the advice but I'm afraid I can barely tell a spanner from a spoon. I don't own axle stands or other necessary equipment and I definitely don't trust myself messing about with something as important as suspension.

Easily doable yourself. Will take more than an hour though if it's your first time on your own.

If you do attempt it, make sure you can get the top mounts off. If not, you're stuffed.

Ah. Just seen your reply above. I have no tools with me otherwise I'd offer to pop round and break it for you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd offer to do it saturday but a) i'm working and B) my mate whose garage I use is away all weekend.

I know lemonnobby1 is pretty quiet this week, I spoke to him tonight.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
If not I have a bit of space in my unit in Trowbridge with anything needed except tracking gear..

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to post up a similar thread regarding help in Bristol but may as well tag along - is there anyone who can help me fit my decat, replace the bushes and a spring on an MX5? Basically need a ramp of some description.

I am very good at passing things, talking loudly and providing food and drink.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hi my name's Ollie and I would very much like to be your friend.

More than happy to have a bash at another 5.. but like I said no tracking gear which you obviously want done properly on a 5!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
More than happy to have a bash at another 5.. but like I said no tracking gear which you obviously want done properly on a 5!

Haha tracking is one of the last things to be ticked off - need to sort out a few bits first. I'll be taking it somewhere for full alignment and tracking dw.

Just things like brakes, decat, bushes, bracing etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Noob quesion but how can you actually change the tracking?

On the front, you release the lock nut on the track rod, and rotate the track rod so it winds in and out of the track rod end.

On the rear, you cant, unless you by shims to tip the sub axle over.