ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

someone lend their mum a white 200?

L-Y Clio 197 F1
heading toward caerphilly from ystrad on the bypass about half 12/1 oclock (afternoon). Personal licence plate, 6 characters thing it started R13 or something 13. Saw it in the distance so put my foot down to get near, got along side to find a terrified looking middle-aged woman :/ not what i expected. did someone lend their mum their 200 to go to work or something?

Suzuki Jimny
Why wouldn't it be hers?

She was probably terrified at the weirdo that had just pulled up next to her.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
nah i was doing about 80, car looked proper smart. as soon as i got anywhere near close she pulled over to the left lane. more the fact of why would a woman in her 50's buy a 200 with all the bells n whistles? not really the type of person you expect to see driving that sort of car - hence the question, duh

L-Y Clio 197 F1
Is it not possible that women in their 50s enjoy driving and like Renault Sports? Duhhhh.

didn't say that -i said its not the sort of person you'd expect to have a 200. Why would they? they're terrible on fuel and women typically don't go for loud, flashy cars that cost alot at the pumps. Not saying its impossible but just unusual. I've lent the wife my 197 in the past so was wondering if it was anyone local to my area. derp :)

Suzuki Jimny
My mum loves driving my 200.

Just because you get older doesn't mean you have to give up on driving and get a diesel audi.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
welllllll I can see this post going further and further off topic good job guys! ill just assume that it was infact that old ladies car.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
women typically don't go for loud, flashy cars that cost a lot at the pumps.

What a load of b****cks.

My mum drives an XKR daily, shares the 205 with my Dad and in my lifetime she's been through hot Fords, Jags, M3, M5, Porsche 993 and is currently waiting on a V6 F-type. This is a 45 year old "Mum".

She would absolutely do you in every way shape or form on a track and on the road.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Someone lent their gran their R26.R. I bet you couldn't catch her though.

021a40d2-eb9f-8f8f.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What a load of b****cks.

My mum drives an XKR daily, shares the 205 with my Dad and in my lifetime she's been through hot Fords, Jags, M3, M5, Porsche 993 and is currently waiting on a V6 F-type. This is a 45 year old "Mum".

She would absolutely do you in every way shape or form on a track and on the road.

You're embarrassing yourself.

​Pics?

RB 182 cup
Just a clio, not all driven by agro yobs. Up my street there is a lady that drives a 182 to work every morning and another that drives a STi Impreza to the primary school every morning.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
F*k sake this forum is unreal sometimes, guaranteed if it was a usual name who is on here 100% 7 days a week nothing would have been said, give the OP a break.

If I seen an RS I would probably chase it too and give the thumps up or something and to be honest if it was an old lady would think the same.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
F*k sake this forum is unreal sometimes, guaranteed if it was a usual name who is on here 100% 7 days a week nothing would have been said, give the OP a break.

If I seen an RS I would probably chase it too and give the thumps up or something and to be honest if it was an old lady would think the same.

its ok bud, its quite funny to see how a light hearted posted turned into this. seems the cs members are more easily provoked compared to other forums haha. good show lads! perhaps we can all get into a debate on female rights aswell? how about the average pay of women compared to men? lets see how far we can take this! <3

320d
Look at loads of people driving EP3 CTR's. Loads are blokes 50+. To be honest I see loads of Renaultports being driving by middle aged women.