ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone help me concerning induction kits!

i have a 99 1.2 8v clio (ok, it aint a ferrari, but im a young driver and insurance is a scandal!) i was gonna fit an induction kit, more for the noise, but any possible power gain would be a bonus, but now im reading that people think they make no difference at all, even to the sound of a 1.2?
steve wright

saw a 1.2 with a ind kit put on not sure if it was a 8v or 16v but it just sounded like it had an oe airbox on it. no difference at all

wongy

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, if you want noise get a cotton gauze, the foam ones dont really give you any noise

so have a look at K&N and Green etc...

thanks everybody for your advice.
i decided to just save the money, and get bits and pieces for outside the car to make it look a bit better. I bought a car magazine, and they suggested drilling holes in the existing air filter casing to let more air in, and as i have already tried this...........i just hope it works!

thanks

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive got a 1.2 8v 00, with a pipercross ind, but ive never run it seperate from the s/s exhaust, but the ind DEFINATELY makes a difference in acceleration and throttle response (nothing major ofcourse) but there is a definate noticeable difference, but i think this is down to the combination of the exhaust as well, the ind kit ive got doesnt make any noise, only when reving really hard.

Gaz,