ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

someone crashed into me ,

mk5 fiesta zetec s
was driving along the main road today, there is a road leading off to the right. so i indicated started to turn and a car drives into my front wing, from the right hand side, so he tried overtaking me and going onto the other side of the road.then his car did a big 360 nearly hitting everyone else. his big jeep just has a little dent on the passenger side, my car needs new bumper. new alloy wheel. new wing, a new door, new headlight, my steering wheel just goes in circles and doesn't move the wheels. the air bag in my seat went off. rang the insurance and they said well it will probably go 50.50 because i didn't look in my mirrors. i did look in them and he wasn't there so i indicated right and started to turn, then he just appeared from no where and hit me, so now my insurance is probably going to go up. and i have my renewal next month. ill have to get some pics tommorow :dapprove:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
if u can get some light on it. Then yeah let us see the damage :)

mk5 fiesta zetec s
happend on bingley road heading through saltaire. i was heading right upto grovner road next to the qasims car wash

mk5 fiesta zetec s
DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1512.jpg
DSC_1515.gif
DSC_1516.jpg
DSC_1517.jpg

DSC_1518.jpg
DSC_1519.jpg
DSC_1520.jpg

happend on bingley road heading through saltaire. i was heading right upto grovner road next to the qasims car wash

I know where you mean mate, just up from the kfc on the roundabout.

Did the other driver give an explanation at the scene for why he was trying to overtake a staitonary turning car by going onto the other side of the road?

Pics dont look as bad as i thought they might. Not nice though.

BMW M135I
Looks slightly similar to when some did a hit and run on my old clio on exact same part minus air bags, bonnet (possibly) and steering wheel problem you said above, and i paid just over £1500 to repair as a guide price to you

mk5 fiesta zetec s
yeah just abit further than the kfc. nope he was just like s**t happens here is my insurance. he rang his dad and he was down in two mins. my excess is 250 i just dont want my insurance going up because he was the one speeding and doing a dangerous overtake,

yeah just abit further than the kfc. nope he was just like s**t happens here is my insurance. he rang his dad and he was down in two mins. my excess is 250 i just dont want my insurance going up because he was the one speeding and doing a dangerous overtake,

Unfortunately your insurance may well go up.

In early '07 back in my first year of uni, coming back from the shops, a guy came straight through a give way into the side of me. He thought it was a roundabout and as soon as he realised it wasnt after we both stopped he admitted full responsability.

Even with him admitting liablity my insurance went up at renewal ( as it stil does ) just because i have an accident on file, despite it being completely not my fault.

Strangely its more than if it had been by fault!

Such is life.

E36 328
i have 2 crashes and when searching for insurance quotes i have tried saying that it was my fault and also that it wasnt my fault and it didnt make a difference to the price, still fecking high!

So yes it will go up.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL

Don't accept that you didn't look in your mirror if you did. His manouvre was dangerous, did you get legal cover with your insurance if you did then do not accept less than 100% his fault and be willing to go to court if needs be, you have nothing to loose. If this is the case then you will get your excess back and your insurance shouldn't go up as it is a non fault claim.

Did he accept liability? Did you in any way?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
nobody accepted any liability when insurance give me a call today. i am just going to tell them i checked my mirrors and he wasnt there. so what happens if it is 50 50 and my cars a write off? do i get money for the car or what?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Only if you're fully comp. It then becomes equivalent to you having an accident on your own from a financial point of view - he claims to fix his car, you can decide not to claim if you want to keep your NCB although you still have to declare the accident.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
nobody accepted any liability when insurance give me a call today. i am just going to tell them i checked my mirrors and he wasnt there. so what happens if it is 50 50 and my cars a write off? do i get money for the car or what?

if it's classed as a 50/50 then you'll lose your no claims bonus.

If it's classed as a write off then your insurers will give you back the value of car. I hope any mods have been listed?

133T
A similar thing happened to my old 206gti. I took the blame but still got fully paid out.

EDIT Sorry didn't know you were third party.

If you have legal cover then go all the way, you have nothing to lose really. It sounds like it wasn't your fault so you should be on to a winner. Were there any witnesses as they will be a life saver.

Iceberg Ph1
Didn't happen to get any injuries from this incident did you?

I hit a lamppost back in 05 after some idiot in a van pulled out on me.. I got whiplash and a sprained wrist.. ended up getting £5k..

As advised, if you have legal cover you really should pursue the claim.. Nothing to loose what so ever! This is terrible!

mk5 fiesta zetec s
i am going to argue that is was his fault. i am not going 50/50 when i didn't do anything wrong. he was the one speeding on the other side of the road. he must have been going quite a bit over the speed limit as his car did a full spin and stopped further down the road. the insurance has rang me and they are getting the car today, think i get a courtesy car.

how do i delete that post or can a mod do it please?

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nasty mate, hopefully they rule in your favour. Can't see you getting a courtesy car being t/p.

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
i am going to argue that is was his fault. i am not going 50/50 when i didn't do anything wrong. he was the one speeding on the other side of the road. he must have been going quite a bit over the speed limit as his car did a full spin and stopped further down the road. the insurance has rang me and they are getting the car today, think i get a courtesy car.

how do i delete that post or can a mod do it please?

Yes fight it, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain! He was on the wrong side of the road ffs so you should have no issue arguing this, just stick to your guns, you checked your mirrors then started your manouvre. It is he that could have avoided the accident by not attempting his manouvre.

Also I would put the car back to how it was insured