ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Upgrades

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well after finding "Yellow Daves" post last week i decided to go ahead and sort out my exhaust hangers.

Went into Euro and ordered up some cheap exhaust brackets and some EXH008 powerflex poly bushes.
Got the whole lot cheap as chips with being an ex employee.

Chopped out the old hanger and with some silicone spray i managed to squeeze the bush it and its tight.
Popped some cable ties round it and im thinking of filling the corners with tiger seal.

ExhaustMount01.gif

ExhaustMount02.gif

ExhaustMount03.gif

ExhaustMount04.gif

ExhaustMount05.gif

I then got these delivered from chris and set about doing the 30sec job of fitting them.
I think that they look stunning but i now dont want to do any more carbon inside as i dont want over kill.
Chris's work is spot on and perfect.

Handle01.gif

Handle02.gif

Handle03.gif

Handle04.gif

LY R26
Loving the carbon, my dad has carbon handles in his trophy, Think your way keeps it bright in there with the silver which is good

RB Lutecia
I need the parts you have ! lol i have the front splitter and thumb grips in carbon and all the rest im going to have to build up piece at a time but i think yours would look mint just with the thumb grips left to go :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have decided that i will not be doing any outside the car as once you start you need to do everything and too much will be over kill.
Im very happy with what i have done in the car and i still have all the original parts.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Loving the carbon :D . Your gonna drll a hole through the centre of the poly bushes i pressume ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Loving the carbon :D . Your gonna drll a hole through the centre of the poly bushes i pressume ?

Im thinking about drilling 3 holes down the centre so i have the choice of what one is the best.
I dont know how it will sit hence why i will possibly doing 3

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just above the center is best mate. Just make sure you drill the hole out slightly bigger tan the hanger so it has a bit of space to play.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I agree with Joe . One , maybe just above centre and slightly bigger . If you drill 3 , one on top of the other i would imagine the top would be too high and the bottom one too low .

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. Just jack the exhaust up so it's sitting where you want it too, then hold the bracket next to it. Then you should be able to get a rough guess of where to drill.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Would here be about correct ?

ExhaustMount05-1.gif

I'd say that was too high . If you look at the original hangers the hole is central but give quite a bit cos they're not that strong . Personally i wouldn't go much more than a couple of mm above centre as the poly bushes won't give that much .

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I will get them on the car, Jack the exhaust up till its a few mm off the bumper and then mark the poly bush with a marker pen and then drill it

Passat
God, it's a f**king dog that you've got to bodge it like this isn't it.

I'm in the same boat so I might be following suit if it goes well.

The diameter of my exhaust hanger is about 15mm so ill probably go for a 20mm hole and just hope for the best. I've read that there has to be a bit of play in them otherwise the exhaust is just going to flex somewhere you don't want it to. Is there no other mount in between Renault's floppy s**t and this rock solid block?

Passat
I've also thought about getting an original mount and then filling it with silicone. A bit firmer but still some give.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There are 3 mounts coming off the back box , then one further down on the centre section . The 2 that MarcR is playing with are the 2 weak ones , they don't take much weight and perish pretty easily .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've also thought about getting an original mount and then filling it with silicone. A bit firmer but still some give.

That's what i've done , you can also but some braided hosepipe in the gaps to give it a bit more strength , some people even put in old sockets , i've done that in the past as a short term measure . Like ya say , it has to have " some " flex , but the renault ones are just too weak and don't last long at all .

Passat
There are 3 mounts coming off the back box , then one further down on the centre section . The 2 that MarcR is playing with are the 2 weak ones , they don't take much weight and perish pretty easily .

Yeah mate, it's those two at the back that I'm on about. Someone has actually already stuck a couple of sockets in there. I might whip them out, stick in some hosepipe and go f**king nuts with the silicone then.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How much did the powerflex and mount cost all in? I've been debating doing this or getting the primaracing one at £80 and not having to worry about it again...

The exhaust mounts , from my experience anyway all seem to be the same , quite poor quality rubber . £6.44 delivered for one off ebay .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item3f12f27565

The powerflex universal bushes £6.33 delivered off ebay .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151006433664?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Monaco
Great thread. I didn't know these Powerflex Universal bushes existed. I'm on my 3rd rear hanger in 2 years.

Would love to see a picture of it fitted when you've done it.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I have done the power flex mod to my current 182 & previous 172, not sure why anyone would pay that kind of monies for the prima ones when this fix does the same jobbie so around £10 for 2