ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some RS based hatred from my colleagues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Slower lap times than the 182 in a few cases. As we all know, lap times mean everything.

But of course. It probably is slower round a track than a 172 Cup lacking air con and the heavier seats etc. but it is the way it goes down a nice ribbon of road, the feedback it gives and the damping that is breathtaking. I have to admit to only having owned a Trophy and not sampled any of the rest of the 1*2 range so can only trust in reviews comparing between them but the universal view seems to be there is a clear difference between standard models.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Put together, they produce a car that Chris Harris describes in Autocar in 2005 as "otherworldly" and one of the finest enthusiasts' cars ever produced bearing comparison not with fast hatchbacks but bespoke sports cars such as Porsche.
Its development was put in the hands of the likes of Ragnotti so surely can't be dismissed as pointless on a Renaultsport forum.

AFPMSL!

Mk5 golf gti
I get the abuse constantly especially after 7 lol

I just overtake them all on the way home like a c**t, so that I feel awesome

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Whooahh! Am I sensing some Trophy hate here?
To be fair, the Cup is seen as pointless because you could get the Cup goodies on a 182 and thus have a "complete" (i.e. FF) 182.

What are a FF182?

You weren't officially able to get all the Trophy upgrades on a 182 in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are all (seats, wheels and dampers, springs) VERY pricey.

Don't the dampers need rebuilding all of the time? Genuine question, it must be VERY annoying.

RX7 FD
The general feeling is get them rebuilt every 36-40k miles. So it depends how many miles you do a year. For me its a rebuild every 5 years which isn't too bad really.

Exactly. Sack rebuilding them every couple of months. Rather get some Facelands. At least they actually slam the car as well!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The general feeling is get them rebuilt every 36-40k miles. So it depends how many miles you do a year. For me its a rebuild every 5 years which isn't too bad really.

Heard it are much less tbh, any signs of seapage no?

Doesn't it bother you that you can't deck it tho dude? Thought the general consensus was that non ride height adjustable dampers were sub-par?

if you aintt low, yo ass is slow!!!!!

Last edited:
This thread has been very disappointing so far. I put it down to most owners secretly knowing that they drive a heap nailed together with used toothpicks?

RX7 FD
Heard it are much less tbh, any signs of seapage no?

Doesn't it bother you that you can't deck it tho dude? Thought the general consensus was that non ride height adjustable dampers were sub-par?

Yea any signs of seepage generally but my T has just ticked over 36k and not had a rebuild (yet) and mine are ok at the moment. They will be getting done over the next few months for my piece of mind. Hell no arch gap ftw! I don't care about slamming the Trophy.

This thread has been very disappointing so far. I put it down to most owners secretly knowing that they drive a heap nailed together with used toothpicks?

I think mine is held together with french bird poo my friend.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Yea any signs of seepage generally but my T has just ticked over 36k and not had a rebuild (yet) and mine are ok at the moment. They will be getting done over the next few months for my piece of mind. Hell no arch gap ftw! I don't care about slamming the Trophy.

I'd certainly be concerned that there's potential for the sachs dampers to fall apart whilst on any given spirited b road blast. Did they engineer the Trophy shell with upgraded roll protection in the event of chronic damper/talent failure?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Roy have you been teaching Pablo? He's impressing me.

I get stick at work all the time. I'm the residant boy racer at work innit. According to my MD all because of my car.

Funny thing is, he overtakes me most nights on my way home!

260% JCW
Whooahh! Am I sensing some Trophy hate here?
To be fair, the Cup is seen as pointless because you could get the Cup goodies on a 182 and thus have a "complete" (i.e. FF) 182.
You weren't officially able to get all the Trophy upgrades on a 182 in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are all (seats, wheels and dampers, springs) VERY pricey.
Put together, they produce a car that Chris Harris describes in Autocar in 2005 as "otherworldly" and one of the finest enthusiasts' cars ever produced bearing comparison not with fast hatchbacks but bespoke sports cars such as Porsche.
Its development was put in the hands of the likes of Ragnotti so surely can't be dismissed as pointless on a Renaultsport forum.

2-bigbitelogo.gif

Yeah it is funny. Flattered that anyone could be bothered to search through threads from years ago, presumably to make a point that people grow up and mature as they get older. Mental.

LOL but fair play. Busted. Maximum Charver!

Status
Not open for further replies.