ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some people are ignorant as hell- *help*

RB 200
The oil was on the tyres, it's the absorbent granules all over the car that scratched it to hell which has annoyed me!

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Aye apparantly " I could open a can of worms " if I keep going on about
It, I'm all out of snow foam "/ ha... Someone wiped the bonnet with a paper towel too whilst I was coming to move it.

He'll not entertain my claims at all, luckily I have the pics from CSS when it was clean and completely scratch free!

Im foaming!! And I'm not paying someone to machine it, these lot can!

Make your mind up. :rasp:

On a side note. I wouldnt push it too far, its either deal with it and sort it out yourself(sadly out of your pocket) or push for the company to pay for it and risk having you "card marked".

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Best thing to do is speak to citizens advice and see which way they tell you to go. It's a free and easy way to sort stuff like this out and they will know the in's and out's of the matter. But if it was me I would of give my boss a good slap, and took a s**t on his desk. That's me tho..

Last edited:
  RB 200
Sorted... Paid Day off to get it cleaned up, if it needs any paintwork doing they'll get it done & they'll get it machined for me..

Basically I reckon they've realised I could open a health and safety can of worms and got worried when I threatened to take it to our area manager...

Ill use my free day off to get someone to detail it and machine it and get the money from them to pay for it... Windscreens got a few scratches on it though ... Dunno what to do there!

Listerine & Poledo
good to hear they've been reasonable (finally!).

You can polish windscreens, that might help with the scratches, but otherwise will work pay for your windscreen excess? Might be worth dropping into a windscreen place to see what they think about it.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Good result.

Park away from work now, and steer clear of the r****d with the paper towels

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
happened here a few times, we deal with batteries so acid spills occur occasionally and the company pay for any damage to cars etc, but from a purely legal stand point I have no idea how it should go tbh

I had nasty one as well a while back , stupidly left the turbo uncovered whilst there were some road works up the street, they must of been cutting iron works or something as the whole car was covered in swarf, and it had rained, so the swarf turned to rust and stuck to the paint. I was absolutely fuming but literally didn't have a leg to stand on, thankfully I tried a patch in an unnoticeable area (like the tins always say ;-) ) with the old clay bar and low and behold the chunks of stuck on rusty metal let go and came of virtually scratch free. car still needs a damn good PC though really as the paints 3 year old now and showing it.

its just so frustrating as others have mentioned that people only seem to see cars as tool and not something anyone can actually enjoy and love owning and care about

RB 200
Haha aye stu... I'll get it cleaned up and see what it's like!
Once it's cleaned and in the light ill let you know... Too sick of it to bother today though!

Sorted... Paid Day off to get it cleaned up, if it needs any paintwork doing they'll get it done & they'll get it machined for me..

Basically I reckon they've realised I could open a health and safety can of worms and got worried when I threatened to take it to our area manager...

Ill use my free day off to get someone to detail it and machine it and get the money from them to pay for it... Windscreens got a few scratches on it though ... Dunno what to do there!

Result! Spend the day's pay on detailing stuff. ;)

Carpro Ceriglass might be worth a look for the scratches on the glass.