ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some of the vx....

172/vx220t/m135i
Finally posted some pics of the 172, here's some of the vx...

Attachments

• various 285.jpg
    various 285.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 52
  • various 284.jpg
    various 284.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 45
  • various 283.jpg
    various 283.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 51
  • various 282.jpg
    various 282.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 57
  • various 281.jpg
    various 281.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 63
  • various 280.jpg
    various 280.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 54
  • various 279.jpg
    various 279.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 44
  Suzuki Jimny
Very nice. Nearly bought a N/A one but would be too cold/unconfortable for every day :(

172/vx220t/m135i
Very nice. Nearly bought a N/A one but would be too cold/unconfortable for every day :(

Your not wrong, i had an N/A several years back and used it as an everyday car for the first year. Was an nightmare in the winter and ended up buying a 2nd car, now only use this one as a toy really as they are just too uncompromising for eveyday use in my opinion.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Pah, lightweights - a VX is fine for everyday - I ran my VX220 NA throughout a UK winter as my only car.

Occassionally have to scrape the inside of the windscreen, but that's par for the course.

Nice turbo - I'd have loved one of those, but a bit more then I'd like to spend on a car, plus high insurance group.

Clio 172 Track(ish)
NA fella, the turbos hold their money and I can't wait much longer for one! Becoming Collectable I think, prices are bottoming out now. My family are involved with a couple of vauxhall dealerships so make sense to buy another vx and I don't fancy any of the vxr's. Except a monaro of course!

172/vx220t/m135i
NA fella, the turbos hold their money and I can't wait much longer for one! Becoming Collectable I think, prices are bottoming out now. My family are involved with a couple of vauxhall dealerships so make sense to buy another vx and I don't fancy any of the vxr's. Except a monaro of course!

Yeah N/A's have probably have bottomed out and as you say they probably will become collectable as there has been that many of them binned their becoming rarer and rarer. You could always supercharge the N/A at a later date if you feel the need for more power ;)

Turbos.
Drive an Elise and a VXT back to back and there is a big difference!

The VXT is soft, understeers and the heavy engine makes it 'interesting' when pressing on. All VXs have very safe setups because the target market was different. At a minimum, they need a more aggressive geo set up. Ideally smaller wheels too...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
hummm! Ok.

However comparisons to most cars the VX is exemplary!

I agree however, the Exige felt 'better' balanced overall. But not for another 10k (2nd hand market value)

Turbos.
Hardly like-for-like but i see your point! A car like this should have a geo setup anyway, as it is very easy to knock things out of alignment and suspension/steering components wear easily. For the sake of a couple of hundred it is worth doing, as it will transform the car.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye.

There's a fine line between having a track focused car which is then a complete swine on the road and a road car with a safe and fun set-up! I know what i'd take!

For the masses the VX is very exciting to drive, it doesn't need improved.

172/vx220t/m135i
Aye.

There's a fine line between having a track focused car which is then a complete swine on the road and a road car with a safe and fun set-up! I know what i'd take!

For the masses the VX is very exciting to drive, it doesn't need improved.

Agree that the vx will out handle most cars out there and the standard setup for road use is perfect. To fine tune the handling for track days some coilovers and 16"/17" combo wheels sort out the handling if it is an issue! I've kept the supspension standard as have not tracked the car, however it has got a full system and remap to get rid of the flatspot they have as standard and also free up some more power;)