ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some more V6 questions....sorry

V6 PH1
Sorry to keep asking questions about this car but you guys are the ones in the know!

I am taking the car on a run tomorrow so wanted to do the standard level checks....oil, pressures etc. But the oil dipstick seems in the most ridiculous place and doesnt look like I would be able to put it back in if i removed it, can anyone help on this??????

Also tyre pressures list 1.4 on the front and 2.1 on the rear, anyone else experimented with any other pressure combinations?

Thanks again!!!!!

Check the oil with the car cold ! It's a complete ball ache to check, your best bet is to lean over the engine to do it, you will be able to get the dipstick back in, you may have to feel for the hole though.

You can probs do it from inside the car, but I've never done it that way.
I'd also never rely on the car to tell you it's ok.

Tyre pressure wise, I run those, they work for me.

Yep you have to struggle with the dipstick due to the position of it. If you feel where it is, remove it check the level etc, you should be ok. It is a bit annoying though.
Oil wise, I run the stuff the book says (I can't remember what grade it is though)

Dip stick is (standing back of the car looking in) is located top right hand corner and is on a long spring.

V6 PH1
ah joy of joy I shall have some fun with that then! once again Mr Meerkat you come to my rescue, if only you did cheap car insurance

No worries, if your after an insurer who knows their stuff, try Noel Dazely. They are a brokers, but they are very competitive & know thier stuff.

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Glad you got it sorted - it's not too bad is it :)

Also you have the auto level sensor which is pretty accurate with 5 O's being displayed if it's full - doesn't show the colour though ...

Martin