ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some headlight correction

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
thought id share my recent experience, my pal brought his (my old) vivid blue ep2 civic sport round for a bit of a waxing session so i thought id take a bash at his headlights because they were disgusting, less than 5 minutes with poorboys mastercut on an orange pad with my da and they look excellent, such a difference.
i'm really annoyed i never took a picture of the passenger side light before i started as the tape shows what kind of condition it was in!
quite impressed with the results as it finished off the car looking clean!, it needed some love after a 1 on 1 session with a deer

anyway, piccies.

DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG

pic daft. anyway, i've had some decent results doing lights as parts of details before but this was the most satisfying because it took 1 or 2 passes per light

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I wouldn't bother with a kit tbh, I've done a few cars lights with just my da and some abrasive polish and the 1 time it didn't restore them perfectly was because of the lights being beyond help regardless

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Stickers not so much (although there was a Mario mushroom on it when it wad mines) and I like the tow eye, looking for one for my mx5, I did love this car when I owned it, I think it's the car I've been most fond of as it was the first thing I had that wasn't a 1.2 clio, it could take any amount of ragging!
The lights would've been even better if I spent some actual time on them but they've turned out very well for the minimal effort