ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some advice on good cleaning

Slow red one
  172 money pit
Hi,

Those should be fine. Get yourself a couple of buckets and before you know it you'll be as OCD as everyone else in here :D.

The Megs Gold class shampoo has lovely foamy rich suds, and does a great job of cleaning.

I've never used the Lambswool mitt, but I do use their microfibre one which I've been very happy with, so I'm sure the Lambswool one will be fine too.

Enjoy!

Chris

Edit: if you're not aware of the "two bucket method" or 2BM as it's often abbreviated, have a quick search. IMHO it's the single best thing you can do as a beginner to start looking after your paint.

Ah a MF mitt user, like Richy. I can't stand them, but each to their own ;)

As above, depends how far you want to go, but a decent mitt, two buckets, a decent shampoo (megs gold class is perfectly acceptable) and a decent drying towel. The one you've linked to is awesome!

172 money pit
Ha, I'm a bit of an MF fanboy to be honest.

I also use a MF waffle weave towel (from Pakshak I think) to dry.

That's why I didn't comment on the OP's choice of towel. I have got some, but I hardly ever use them.

What's you experience of mf vs towel for drying?

Chris

Honda & VW
The only thing i'd say is get your hands on a larger bottle of shampoo as that'll last five minutes, cheaper in the long run matey.

Ha, I'm a bit of an MF fanboy to be honest.

I also use a MF waffle weave towel (from Pakshak I think) to dry.

That's why I didn't comment on the OP's choice of towel. I have got some, but I hardly ever use them.

What's you experience of mf vs towel for drying?

Chris

I prefer the shorter pile towels for pat drying tbh. But the one linked above is superb. I have three of those still and quite a few of these;

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Miracle_Dryer.html

The only thing i'd say is get your hands on a larger bottle of shampoo as that'll last five minutes, cheaper in the long run matey.

Agreed.

Absolute simplest wash I would do is quick wash over with hose, if there's caked on crap then give them a quick soak with APC. Then 2BM, dry and use a quick detailer spray if I don't have time to polish/seal/wax. And then use a trim gel. Actually, thinking about it, when it comes to me there's no such thing as a quick wash :/

Absolute simplest wash I would do is quick wash over with hose, if there's caked on crap then give them a quick soak with APC. Then 2BM, dry and use a quick detailer spray if I don't have time to polish/seal/wax. And then use a trim gel. Actually, thinking about it, when it comes to me there's no such thing as a quick wash :/

APC? Not sure on that one chap. That will be stripping off most waxes/LSPs that are on the car if you do that every wash... I think you're thinking of snow foam :)

For a standard wash, I pressure wash, snow foam, clean wheels, clean body work with the 2BM, open hose techniq to get rid of most of the surface water and then pat dry.