ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some advice for my 172 please....

Monaco Blue 172
Hi all,
Firstly I have done a forum search but couldn't find anything current (links etc) so sorry if this has been asked a few times.
-Basically I am after new discs and pads (all round) on my 172 (03) and wondered what I should be looking to pay; Local eurocarparts is quoting me 181.07 all in for OE stuff (mates rates).... but looking on eBay I could buy drilled and grooved for similar so I'm now wondering what I should do.

Could anyone hook me up with a link for a half decent set at all? dont wanna spend a fortune, but don't want rubbish either :)
Cheers guys :)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Rear discs & pads (£104):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41718413e5
(worth getting genuine as they come with bearings already in)
Front discs:
Brembo HC from nextdaybrakes.co.uk (£31.97)
Pagid pads from Euro car parts (£22.87)

Total: £158.84

Other bits you might want at the same time:
Rear brake fitting kit
Rear bearing spacer thing
Rear hub nuts
Copper grease for the back of the pads and between the pads/carriers
Red rubber grease for the sliders

2014 Clio 200t edc
Also worth mentioning is that mintex rear discs come with bearings and abs rings too and are considerably cheaper than above with pads, I reckon you could do it all for about £120. Front and rear discs and pads.

Monaco Blue 172
Thanks everyone some really helpful stuff, annoyingly they were all changed less than 7k ago, but every time I brake they judder so I can only assume Ive warped them, is changing the lot the right way forward? I guess I could change the fronts initially being the cheaper option and see if its them, but then half off me thinks I may aswell bash on with the lot whilst its in for its M.O.T in a few weeks anyway?

mk1 Octavia VRS
Have you checked you don't have a sticking caliper?

Brake discs warping is a bit of a myth - the juddering feel is usually from uneven pad deposits on the disc. You could try sanding them but personally I would just replace them as brakes for the Clio are quite cheap.

I think it would be more likely that the fronts are causing the juddering so I would just replace the fronts first and see how you go.

Monaco Blue 172
I will check the calipers out, just got rid of a mk5 golf as amongst many other issues the calipers were terrible for seizing on it so I was hoping to have escaped that issue haha.

Thanks again for the help, appreciated :)