ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid top mounts - KTEC or PMS

Hi, As per my other thread in this section I am having some noise issues from the front, most likely due to worn top mounts that I think are unhappy after changing shocks and springs. They are probably the original ones now on 70K and I would have been looking at solids eventually anyway.
So; Should I go for PMS or KTEC, PMS slightly cheaper so is that the way to go? I will be buying a strut later on hence the choice between these two. I have seen a lot of cars with one or the other but haven't been in one so its hard to know.

Last edited:
Think I probably will, unless someone can justify the cost of ktec over pms. Or if anyone thinks I should get OEM again... Car wont be on track for at least another year apart from maybe one day but I want to make it as high spec as is reasonable in the very long run so feel these might be worth it now anyway. I have been reading through the other random threads on this so jsut wanted some up to date opinions.
Cheers

Track 172 Cup
I have the PMS kit with brace and could never find any reason to justify the ktec over PMS. Unless Ktec are giving away free stuff lol.

Yeh, even with the discount we get on stuff with them I just cant see the difference, apart from maybe that the ktec one can be tightened and it fits over the engine cover??? Does PMS require cover removal?

Track 172 Cup
Not 100% as I never had a cover on when mine was fitted. But it's a lovely piece of kit. Pms shifter next for me hopefully

Civic FN2 Track Car
PMS kit FTW I had the k-tec and changed to the PMS setup. Much better and easily serviceable

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
PMS, go for the pre-loaded bearings too imo. Makes the steering heavier for all the right reasons.

Plus i'm a massive fan of Nick and his after-sale customer experience/communication. Always replies to emails quickly and is happy to help. It's a shame not all companies are like that and all they see is $$$$$$$$$$.

Might see what price I can get them for with just the preloaded. Cant stretch far though. I was being tempted back to OEM for £65 instead of £140 delivered for PMS, though they look like nice kit for the money, no doubt about that.