ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold my Cup......and i'm gutted :(

Peddled device
I just sold my RB 182 Cup to a member on here. To say I am gutted is an understatement. I moved to China last year, and bringing it here wasn't possible. I had owned it since 2006 and its been the best car I've ever had. It had a damaged front shocker a few years ago which was a pain to sort (the garage fixing it either got the wrong part or something, but it went back and forth for weeks until Birchdown sorted it). I had to replace the front brakes (£50 done by myself) and it needed a hazard switch for the MOT's. It gave me 38mpg on average over 7.5 years and never let me down. Oh, it needed the odd squeak and a heater switch doing under warranty. I put a set of tyres on it, had it serviced on time, I put FF 182 front seats in it, fitted Eibach springs and a SS exhaust, and it had a cambelt change. Snappy did a wheel refurbishment for me, which was great. It drove me and some birds up north, down south, all over Wales and to the shops each week. It looked clean when it was dirty, felt and smelt new, and I hardly saw another on the road.It was utterly, utterly brilliant.At present I have a mountain bike. A step back to take two forward, I hope.

Goodbye, my old friend. You will be missed. :(

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Go nail some Chinese bird to get over it!

Take it you sorted your starting issue, was it just a battery?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any reason you couldn't take it over? £££ to be made over there!

Peddled device
It was the battery. Tom from here has it and i'm sure he'll look after even more than I did...such as washing it more than I managed too ! lol

I'm told they don't allow RHD cars here. Also, the fuel is different so it may have lost some performance. In the city here you don't really need a car. But 3rd class driving is always better than 1st class walking !

I've yet to see a Clio here, so I guess it would be expensive to get parts. But there is a dealer in town... I wonder what they sell here?

Swift Sport
Slight change of subject Dave, but where in China are you and what's it like? There because of work are you?

Peddled device
I'm in Beijing. I came here just for a change. I love it here, nice people, interesting place, but the air is s**t today ! I work 20 hours a week and get more money than I did for 50 hours a week in the UK.

Oh, and the Chinese birds love us foreign guys ;)

But no Cup.....

Peddled device
I teach English. But I wasn't a teacher in the UK...I was a chemical tanker engineer. We used to get £8.73 an hour for a skilled job. It's a fcuking disgrace. Here I can get £41 for 2 hrs using a text book teaching 5 girls and boys. Hell, I get £16 an hour acting like a clown for some pre-schoolers! Beats working outside, in all weathers for ungrateful bosses, and working with some absolute cnuts ( they laugh at African kids starving on the news!). I'm actually at the badminton centre here, playing with a load of guys who invited me a few months back. Life's different. It had to be worth it to sell the car lol !