ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Socks or Airbox for itbs

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I know socks look w**k, but is there any performance loss with them?

Im looking to run 120mm trumpets over the 90's but the bonnet wont shut with the deeper filter?

With socks the 120s will fit :(

Or I do this (below)

1st pic, how it is now
itb90mm.jpg

then this is how it could be, if i machine the manifold front and rear and the rear of the boddies, Problems i see are the bolts lining up, is there enough meat to get the angles needed and will it effect flow.

iTB120mm.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I cant run the 120s with the current filter, as you need atleast 30mm between the end of the trumpet and the internal wall of the filter

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
I have always heard that socks tend to restrict the power a bit compared to the sausage filters..

Im sure Andy or someone will know whats best though..

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
when its dry and dusty use an airbox, when its damp or that just dont use anything lol, i know some guys who done this in their 205s with the MI 16 conversion on TB's

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
why do you want 120mm?
big for the sake of big?

Few people who have ITBs on f4rs have said that they make more tourque on 120s, but keep the same power.

120 is as big as you can go before they wont fit on the SF spacing with the jenvey manifold