ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soaking wet seat!

Renaultsport Clio 172
Following a mishap with a slightly open window and heavy rain at some point overnight I have a wet drivers seat (172FF). How easy is it to remove the lower cover and foam? Self explanatory once I go out to have a look once said rain has stopped? Anything I need to be aware of in case I get a visit from the screw-up fairy?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I wouldn't take it apart it will lose its shape if you dry the parts separately.

Get what you can out with a vacuum cleaner, then leave it to dry naturally.

You could speed the process up by taking it out of the car and bringing it indoors. But don't apply any direct heat.

Tena-Lady incontinence pants are supposed to be good :evil:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Don't try and take it off apart.

It is an absolute b**ch of a job and will never be right again.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Happened to me a few years back with a golf, i folded down the rear seats and put a dehumidifier in it and left it on overnight, worked a treat

Renaultsport Clio 172
lmao and pmswl @ BrianR. I've been pretty close in the past to needing Tena-Lady but always found a bog/hedge in the nick of time!!!

Renaultsport Clio 172
Just had a look at getting the seat out. There are 2 plugs, one grey one with yellow tab. This one opened quite easily. The other, with a large red tab will not budge. Anyone any ideas as to how this comes apart? I have lifted the red tab but it is still stuck. Without this one undone the seat cant be removed.
I suppose I can always place a small heater/blower in the car!!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The plugs come apart by pushing the two halves together then releasing the clip by moving it against the spring pressure.

Disconnect the battery as a safety precaution, as they are part of the SRS system.

Renaultsport Clio 172
I've removed the fuse. I cant feel any movement by pushing the connector together. They are stuck fast. There is slight lateral movement which seems to suggest a catch but I cant see any. Releasing the red tab seems to do nothing.
As it is bright outside now, I think I'll use a small heater blower, but not aimed at the seat, just to encourage drying.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Mmmm.
That doesn't sound right.

If it is a small tab with a slit in the middle, just lift the tab and pull hard on the plug.

The plug has a rubber seal and they are tight.

Renaultsport Clio 172
The tab is as wide as the plug, about a third of its length. It seems to exert pressure on the four contacts below it. Presumably to prevent rattling of the contacts which may trigger the seatbelt tensioner. The plug has three wires going to it and matches the Haynes diagram for SRS. I'll see if I can get a photo of it.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Heres a photo of the plug

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 43
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ah, right.

Push a small screwdriver under the red clip and it should just pop off. The push the black clip at the other end and pull.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I just washed my seats there now
I leave the enigine runnning with the Climate Control blasting warm air into the car. Wedge 2 air freseners into the vents and you have a nice clean car with a fresh smell in 10mins :) :eek: