ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So.... Xbox one or PS4?

Which one?

• Total voters
  Mini JCW
Excellent, comparing the old controller with the new one.

This. When the Xb180 controller is smaller than the last, while the new PS4 controller is much improved on the old PS controller.

This (far more relevant) review shows the gap between the controllers has significantly reduced.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
instead of re-writing what has been written a million times i'll just link this as one of very many examples...

http://gamenacho.com/5-reasons-why-every-controller-should-be-like-the-xbox-360-controller/

Flol! Yeah OK. Well I'm pretty sure if I looked on Google I could find some articles that say the opposite. Some of the comments on that article are disagreeing with what was written though.

As said, it all comes down to personal choice but you can't simply say that one is better than the other.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I think it's due to the shape of the controller that people love the xbox one, the ps one is very small in comparision. As far as the analogue sticks are concerned, I prefer the ps setup. As someone mentioned before me, my thumbs are in the same place on each hand so I like my analogue sticks in the same place.
That's my take on it anyway.

dk

911 GTS Cab
not sure if this has been posted, but its interesting, and sounds fairly true. Sony could have gone either way.

Sony originally planned to sell the PS4 for $499 with the PlayStation camera, reports have suggested.

The firm is believed to have scrapped plans to include a PlayStation camera with every system prior to its E3 presentation.

Sony reportedly had two presentations ready for the E3 gaming expo, enabling it to decide on a price after hearing Microsoft's earlier Xbox One price announcement, according to MCV.

The company informed retail partners of its plans not to include a camera with the PS4 in the weeks leading up to E3, but didn't reveal pricing details.

The removal of the PlayStation camera has "damned the accessory to a future of fragmented consumer adoption and inconsistent software support", according to IGN.

It has also "rendered a major design element of the DualShock 4 controller - the built-in LED Move tracker - largely useless".

The PS4 will be available this holiday season for $399 (£349) -$100 cheaper than the Xbox One in North America and £80 cheaper in the UK.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
PS3 and games traded in today. Up to nearly 400 quid worth of gift cards now :p

Pre-ordered Forza 5 and NBA 2K14, haven't decided what else to get yet. I also technically have a pre-order of a PS4, as it was free when I traded the PS3 in.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
How much did you get for it cookie of you don't mind me asking?

Im considering trading both my PS3 and Xbox in and using the cash towards a ps4

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
100 quid for my 120 gig Slim, 10 quid for each controller.

Could probably get more on eBay, but I can't be fucked dealing with people.

172, Focus
ps4 all the way for me, had a ps1,2 and 3 and never had any issues with any of them, plus my hands are now formed to the ps controller, anything else feels wrong