ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So p*ssed off!

306 GTI-6
I have just started fitting my new OZ Super-Ts, and the bloody torque wrench has scratched the alloy. Looks like it has dug through the lacquer to the metal. Going to go and buy a double depth socket to give some more clearance once my lazy ass flatmate gets out of bed to give me a lift to Halfords.

Are those alloy repair kit things any good?

306 GTI-6
Up in North east scotland in a place called lossiemouth. Suppose if i was close to a refurb place they could do something about it?

306 GTI-6
Just seen that chips away do repairs to alloy wheels. Got a local one of those so gonna give him a bell sometime to come and take a look.

306 GTI-6
DSC00665Small.gif

DSC00666Small.gif

There you go, look a lot worse in one of the pics. Pretty sure its just the lacquer. Just annoyed I am so far away from any decent proper wheel refurbishers.

306 GTI-6
Tell me about it, absolutely gutting feeling. Think that on my next day off I can get during the week, gonna have to do a 6 hr round trip to get it sorted.

Long way to go to get it fixed, nobody closer at all?

6 hour trip plus however long it takes to fix, gonna make it a very long day.

306 GTI-6
Long way to go to get it fixed, nobody closer at all?

6 hour trip plus however long it takes to fix, gonna make it a very long day.

Have done a search and the nearest alloy wheel refurbishment places I could find to me were Glasgow. So about 3 hrs to get there.

306 GTI-6
Would rather drive down to be honest. Can't be had with taking all the wheels back off. Plus I enjoy driving so its not too bad, can always pop in on a girl I know down there too ;)