ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So i need a new exhaust (3 options)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My exhaust is blowing badly and dad think there is a risk of it falling off in the middle which could cause a lot of damage to the car

I have 3 options the way i see it

1. keep mine, then get a BTM Exhaust

2. buy daveski's one (very cheap), then get a BTM Exhaust

3. Buy a different, half decent, new/used exhaust system

What do you think?

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
then i would be buyin daves untill you get this btm exaust,.. that way you will get a return when you sell daves exhaust on

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think that will be the plan then, that was kinda the idea i was going for aswell

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Si, I would go to Prospeed...or get some exhaust putty and bandage(s) and tie the thing up until you can get a new one. I did that with my 182 one for FCS and got the Prospeed one a month later.

Least then, you ain't gonna spend out on something you don't have to purchase....

If its gone just by the backbox (which it usually does), then you can do it but need to make sure its well held to stop it failing. I don't know how long its gonna be till Fred's new exhausts are ready though which is the only thing I'd bear in mind. :)

Seat Ibiza
Ive just badly welded mine, waiting for a BTM exhaust. I wanted a Yozza but I think this new one could be good :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Only problem is that I think that there is a bit of a distain to how JP are operating with regards to their original contract!!!! ;)

Exactly why i don't want a JP exhaust even though they are obviously very good.

BTB is very tempting but so is the BTM exhaust even though i don't know what it will be like.

Arrgghh i don't know what to do.

Going to have to look at some more youtube videos of these BTB systems to decide!

225 Cup & Williams
You won't regret buying the BTB mate seriously. A lot of folk on here seem to bum the yozza when the BTB is just as good.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So i have fitted Daveski's exhaust, the mechanic said it sounds like its got more balls. lol.

Now so save up some money for decent system

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yes a very loud custom thing. I was quoted £320 for a standardise system fully fitted, not even stainless so i thought f**k it, daveski's will have to do!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
More than likely, now i have to decide what i want next, BTB, prospeed, JP or BTM. I think its going to be a very difficult decision

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My mpg is going up now because i am trying to avoid accelerating as it makes my ears bleed

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
BTB exhausts are very good, there is a video of mine on here somewhere with a de-cat on

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
that is quite nice, maybe a future investment, got any videos of it?

See so many threads with people waiting for the BTM exhaust, but has Fred actually given any time frame for how long, or that he's even actually started developing one yet?

Yeah he told me febuary

Just found out my car can be heard about 2 miles away, my dad told that when i went to work this morning he could hear me drive out of our estate then out of town and then drive down the dual carriageway!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sherwell+Dr&daddr=A46&hl=en&sll=52.197717,-1.874027&sspn=0.066077,0.154324&geocode=FTPAHAMdSF7j_w%3BFVNiHAMdKl_j_w&vpsrc=0&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=13&t=h&z=13

Haha! Quality! No matter what I did with the revs everyone on my street knew when I used the car.